Name:	jviU9Q7.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	357669 Click image for larger version

Name:	wyEpF6C.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	357668

Everyone, I am looking for some information (type/age/material region) on the points below. These were found by me recently
    on a family member's land in North Louisiana. Any help with any information about these would be much appreciated. Thank you.

​​
    Last edited by History Hunter; 03-22-2019, 06:07 PM.

All I can say is there is probably a a few thousand years of artifact knowledge in the site....I’m not a judge in here , tread lightly....JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Maybe I’m wrong but they look modern
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Ok. If they are modern, then there are hundreds of them where Indians were thought to live. I wonder why modern points would be buried in a specific region of land?

Comment

Were they found as a cache or scattered?
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

There are a number of them in a small area. We are thinking the area may have been a ceremonial ground of some sort. There are mounds nearby on family land. We have Native American (Mission Indian) heritage, but I felt these were older than our
            known heritage.

Comment

Let’s see what others say I’m not from your area. They look similar to the modern points made for tourists trade
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Type: Dovetails
                Age: Probably 1-5 years old, judging by the improved flaking
                Material: Khambat Agate
                Region: Gujarat State, Western India. Specifically made by a couple dozen families in the village of Khambat.

They are sold by the hundreds on eBay and at flea markets.

Business listings of Agate Arrowhead manufacturers, suppliers and exporters in Khambhat, Gujarat along with their contact details & address. Find here Agate Arrowhead, suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers, traders with Agate Arrowhead prices for buying.
                Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• pkfrey
                  pkfrey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Joshua, You hit the nail on the head!! Someone, for reasons we will never know why, dumped them for you or someone else to find. Just from the photos, they are easily recognized as imported modern points from india.

I am not sure why someone would dump their Agate Arrowheads and other pottery/relics on my cousin's land, but I am sure stranger things have happened. I appreciate the feedback. Admittedly, I am going to be a bit apprehensive in asking an almost 60 year anthropologist to look at the arrow points and other relics we have found, but Tuesday night I plan to catch a local professor after his lecture at the nearby Genealogical and Historical Society lecture and ask him about the things we have found. I am hopeful they are more than 5 years old, but if they are not, then there may be an even more interesting story behind them than some Native American chipping away at some rock.

Comment

Probably a family member playing a joke on you but forgot to tell you. Sometimes people think its funny to play jokes on other friends that collect while out together.
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks, folks. I think I will have a little fun with this as well. Maybe a film crew with a possible land restriction due to the discovery.

Comment

Last edited by Tam; 03-23-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Sadly I agree , if you look at your other artifacts you will see thousands of years of patina and wear on them . Your guy will point this out to you .

Comment

I made a gorget out of a creek rock that had a great shape just drilled 2 holes in it then sanded it with sand paper. It was ugly and I dropped it when my friend wasn’t looking. I put a smiley face sticker on the side against the dirt. I acted like I missed it as he came by I heard him gasp and he said I can’t believe you missed this gorget!!! As he picked it up he was looking it over and flipped it and saw the smiling face. It was a priceless moment for me 😃
                          NW Georgia,

Comment

It’s probably a salted field. Could have been for a joke or could have been an older collector wanting to get his sons or grandsons involved in hunting/collecting.

Comment

Working...
                            X