Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2466.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	358116 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2469.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	358120 Found this sucker within the first 10 minutes down in the creek i beaver trap. The water had just gone down after a good flood and it was sitting on the edge of the gravel bar just under the flowing water that meets the bar. For my location (Johnson county Missouri) Sedalia is most likely I feel like but was kinda hoping it was an agate basin. Either way I'm stoked to have found it!! Going down in the creek to check traps turned into more of an arrowhead hunt REAL quick lol Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2469.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	358115
    Attached Files
    Johnson county Missouri

Awesome find.... congrats
    SW Connecticut

Comment

That's beautiful.
      California

Comment

I'd go with Sedalia for sure, Awesome Find!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thank you guys for the info/love! Idk what it is with this creek but I always find some good stuff in it! The natives that were camped there definitely knew what they were doing !!
          Johnson county Missouri

Comment

Sweet blade !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Nice find. Sedalia all the way.
              Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Thanks guys!! My first lance style point ever so I'm pretty stoked!!
                Johnson county Missouri

Comment

I just saw this wow . Hey of subject what do you do with your beaver pelts . I really should do that the fur is amazing and we are having trouble with some .

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
                    NOTCHEDNate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Me and my dad make hoops like these and sell them at trade shows/trapping rendezvous. The pelts themsevles if you just sell them haven't been bringing much value (10-15$ On the fur market) If you make the hoops you can sell them around 100-150 bucks. You can use vines for the hoop instead of small trees also. And any material really for lacing .

The beaver also has a gland called the castor gland. Depending on the size of beaver and when it was caught .. these glands can be huge and full(usually more full around breeding months like feb/march). You can dry out and sell these glands for like 60-80 dollars a pound .

Making the hoops are really fun tho and they turn out great! I will post pics eventually of some when we get to doing this years. Beaver trapping ends tomorrow here so shortly after we will begin making them! Have about 15-20 to do!

Sure sounds like you are having fun .
                  I watch the meat eater and he just had a show on this with the castor gland and all . The fur is soo soooo soft I might want to sew a couple together . That show on Netflix Frontier about beaver trapping starting in the 1600’s is interesting . I never knew they made felt out of beaver . Forever learning . I need to live to 150 there is to much to learn and do ..

Comment

Working...
                  X