Box canyon site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box canyon site

This site is massive, for sites in the mountains. It was nicknamed the box canyon site. a site that spans a mile or so and has paleo to historic. it is what I would call more of a ravine but the side walls at the base where it makes a horse shoe is about 200 yards from the bottom to the top and has a spring at the bottom. I had been told about this site. from aa friend that dangled it like a carrot of promising me that he would take me there. which was always let go here or there but everywhere but there. One day we were hunting all day and called it a day. we were driving back when he said lets stop by the box canyon site for a couple of hours. eager to see I said lets go. After a winding road that lead us way off the beaten tack we got to the rim of the site. About fifteen minutes into the hunt I came across the red folsom. and it was tough look through all the broken up chunks of chert and broken quarry blanks. when I did make it to the bottom I came across this white Elko I did find a lot of broken artifacts as well but it was a great way to cap off the day.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0813.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	366332 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0815.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	366333 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2257.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	366334 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2258.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	366335
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

I know Folsom's are neat but my favorite is the Elko
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Good memories Chase . Even broken the Folsom is a beauty in which many of us may have never even touched .whats the lithic ? Jasper ? Red

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, what ya got to trade ?

Nice artifacts. The Folsom is awesome. I’m thinking jasper as well.
      South Dakota

Comment

Thanks for sharing these with us and having the backstory makes them even more special.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That Folsom is really something!

the Elko is nice, really nice, but that red..😮😮
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Amazing work on both those pieces. They don't make 'em like they used to...
            California

Comment

It’s like hand grenades and horseshoes , anything close counts !
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
              X