Chips ahoy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chips ahoy!

Well guys and galls, I have finally made it into your fare county, And yes I finally popped my lithic cherry.
    This Canuck is currently melting away in the summer heat of Georgia with Johnny aka willjo, who has been about the most gracious host one could ask for.
    We have been both digging and detecting, detecting I do a lot but digging was a totally new experience.
    The first day we went out digging this was what we arrived to.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	368836
    And I thanked my lucky stars for that little wedge of shade. The temperature here as been hovering around 94 to 98 degrees.
    The first day my total for worked lithics was zip, nadda, nothing. Just chips chips and more chips.
    Today when we returned I decide to save those chips so that at least there would be something to post.
    These are just mine from today.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	368837
    Well there is no doubt that everyone within 2 counties heard the hoop and holler when this finally made its appearance.
    Johnny tells me that it is an Adena.

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	368838
    My reaction was a little more subdued when the second one showed in the sifter.
    And for those who like in situ shots this is the best that I can do.

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	336.5 KB
ID:	368839
    Please excuse any misspelling but I think that this one is an Alendale.

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	368840
    This last shot shows both full points plus a couple of items that will go into a new display case.
    I was totally blown away by the gorgeous color variations in this Coastal Planes Chert.

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	368841
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Congrats Bruce!!! Man you have two great finds there. That Coastal plain chert is awesome.
    Johnny you da man. Thanks for the story guys.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Johnny is definitely the "MAN" Ron. I can't remember how many times he has said that if I ever made it down this way he would make sure to pop my lithic cherry.

Nice Bruce!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josh, I am definitely a happy camper.

They are beautiful, and congratulations! Glad you and Johnny met up
    South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      So am I my friend. 😊

Bruce. Magnificent way to get ur cherry popped. ...unreal man congrats....willjo is the man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Awesome start Bruce, and mad props to Johnny for taking you under his wing. Those are beautiful!
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Very attractive material the striped one is really nice haven’t seen one like that before. Johnny is a good guy
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Wow Bruce that's awesome congratulations! That Coastal Plains Chert is absolutely beautiful. Yea it's HOT down south way to gut the heat out. Hopefully your US adventure will bring you many more awesome finds. What a great Dude Johnny is!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Amazing finds on those colorful points! Are these your first? Welcome to America, bruce!

Hey Johnny, I never knew you had an actual archaeology base set up!
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Both beauties, way to hook him up Johnny!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Great finds! You are right, it is very hot down here in the deep south! That CPC is so colorful and beautiful! Johnny is awesome!
                South Carolina

Comment

Johnny is the best. Glad you could make it down to Ga and yes....its HOT.

Comment

Those two are little works of art. Great finds.
                    Central Ohio

Comment

that is outstanding. Way to go Bruce and a big shout out for Johnny for his generosity inviting you over.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Beautiful Points👍 Color of em reminds me of Sea Shells. Worth the effort for shore!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X