23 year curse has been broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 year curse has been broken

Finally scored another axe I never thought It would happen again.when I was thirteen the feild behind my house which was enormous was excavated for a neighborhood. That's when the Arrowhead bug bit me.but it had others attention as well all the sudden there were ametuer and professional archeologist all over the site. And I started copying the way they would dig , found some nice stuff. But the real treasure was an almost unuably huge axe.when I found it me and my friends lost it.hooten and hollerin.suddenly a man said I'll give you three thousand dollars for that right now. Being thirteen and dumb as hell I sold it and always regretted it.ive believed I was cursed not to find one but I guess I'm just a superstitious fool🤔

Sweet ! Not any here, no trees , no axes ....
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Was all grassland here, there was a tropical forest here before the last ice age. The spores are still in the ground, or so the geologist say. Here they used buffalo dung for their fires... Wonder who got that gathering assignment ? Most prolly someone like me !

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      They probably made you sit down wind to jj 😆

• clovisoid
      clovisoid commented
      Editing a comment
      Once they dry out completely, they don’t smell that bad... 😀 and they burn like one of those modern bbq grill fire starters.

Sweet, nice recovery!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Man, that is a gem of an axe! Nice find!

P.S. You should enter that in the June Find of the Month. ;-)
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Really dig the size of that piece. Because it it’s size-I’m thinking it was a primary weapon/battle axe. 3 grand was a lot of $ Back then, so don’t blame ya kids selling it!

Comment

That's a great looking axe. Fantastic find.
          California

Comment

Nice one still looking for anything grooved here mostly Celts if you can find one I’ve been lucky enough to find 2 so far
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice little axe!
              Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Cool artifact find. Looks like the same material my axe is made from. I always thought about soaking mine in vinegar to see if it would reveal the hardstone better. But I like to leave my artifacts as found. That is a nice save. Skull smasher for sure....
                Last edited by sarahsue; 06-02-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Congrats on breaking your self imposed curse LOL. Nice grab. You dont see that many pulled from the earth anymore. I found my first one in my first year of searching also and not another one since. That was 32 years ago and have not found another one since. Due to its size it was probably a travelling/utility/weapon axe. Small, light and easily carried. Awesome piece there CC.
                  The chase is better than the catch...
                  I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Yes I thought the size of it was cool because you know it has probably seen some action

Comment

Great find...……...nice axe!!

Comment

Working...
                      X