Bucket hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket hunt

Heart breakers and stroke makers were plentiful this weekend, but I am glad I happened to bring a bucket with me. The farmer we lease the river bottom to for row cropping decided to disc 2 of the 4 fields and I had absolutely no idea! I headed out to the farm Saturday morning to spend the day small mouth fishing. I arrived just as light was cracking in the sky and anticipating a beautiful sunrise I went up on the bluff to enjoy gods gifts. Just as the sky was filling with amazing colors and everything coming alive I completely freaked out as I was smacked in the face with the site of roughly 125 acres below me of freshly turned river bottom!!! The last time it probably got turned was with only mules!!! I apologized to and thanked the boss-man as I was barreling down the hill I couldn't get down there fast enough! I spent the first 4-5 hours combing the creek side of the field and I got completely skunked...I was tore up and just couldn't believe I wasn't finding anything NO chips NO flakes not even any rocks PERIOD. The whole time I was racking my brain and I remembered I have only found two points in this area of the farm before and they weren't to far apart from one another. There's no such thing as coincidences I said, so I bee lined it to the other end of the field and the opposite corner from where I'd been looking all morning and to the area I found those two points a couple years ago in a wash out. I literally got over there and looked down only to see a stroke maker busted banner stone staring up at me. I literally just stared for a minute or two looking around thinking somebody's playing a joke there's no way not a single flake for 4-5 hours to finding my first banner stone in 10 seconds come on..... I set my bucket down and walked 20 yds and I was in chips chunks flakes points tools pinch me I'm dreaming! I proceeded to fill the bucket over the next 8 hours. The best stuff
    "to me" were all heart breakers unfortunately the banner of course, a RED corner notch pine tree which is also one of the previous points I found there and that one was also busted, the RED adena base which the material was insane, but I refused to leave until I had a really goodun and not all busted up. Well in the 13th hour of the hunt I plucked out the find of the day for me. I haven't even got to clean up and check out all the goodies yet but I found a TON of tools/flakes/knifes/scrapers and I don't know what all but everything is worked clearly and secondary... I came back the following morning with a rake and shovel to look for the other half of the banner but I only found a heat stroke from raking out a 50x50 area foot deep but that did turn up the day 2 goodies....

Day 2
    Last edited by TN mud; 06-03-2019, 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot some pics

Comment

Comment

A day like that is what most point hunters dream of some nice finds.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• BabaORiley
        BabaORiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah you can say that again Johnny...wow!!!

Man, what a hot spot ! Reading the story,( I love stories ) was thinking, why would one need to carry a bucket ? The result was my answer! I’d live on that area !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Must be deep plowed that’s all nice finds wouldn’t take long to fill a frame or 2 with hunts like that. Rain coming which equals more finds
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Wow TN that would be the day of a lifetime for me. The banner is a heartbreaker but you do get a great look at the drilling process involved in the making. Like SH said the rain will probably turn up many more. Awesome haul there man...and a great story to go with it. The early bird does get the worm...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Legend!
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Working...
              X