I’m gonna call this a gorget...although I’m not absolutely sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m gonna call this a gorget...although I’m not absolutely sure

I’ve never held one in my hand, only seen a few in pictures.
    A friend of mine is a cotton scout in Mississippi, south of Clarksdale. He has a job I would kill for. He literally gets paid to walk fields ALL day, and some of the most awesome sites in this part of the world...he’s on great terms with the farmers he works for, so he gets to keep anything he finds, and he finds a LOT...
    I got this pic today, sort of a nanny nanny booboo thing.

again, this is NOT mine...but I wanted to share, because these are kinda rare.
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

My guess is that it's probably a bit thicker than a normal gorget, might be a boatstone. Looks like pretty claystone.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Man what a job to have must be nice but maybe he can get you some of that permission on those properties. I’d be asking
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        odd thing is, I’ve got permission or a deed to most any place he goes. It’s the time I need. He spends 10-14 hours a day walking fields, and gets PAID for it. I actually have two friends who have the same job, and they both have magnificent collections.
        That’s an advantage I guess to growing up in a farm community. I literally know just about everybody. I’d love to be able to have his job....and my paycheck...😇

Looks pretty darn cool! Looks a little thick for a gorget, and I would agree with Clovisoids assessment.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

That is one dandy of a find. I like the detail of the drill marks. That piece will really shine when cleaned up. Awesome grab there.
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          The drill marks were really well defined, weren’t they??

That's a cool artifact....maybe soapstone,?
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t even ask...I was so jealous.😕

Super ! We just don’t find artifacts like that here ! People say well you find Folsom’s , so what ! JJ
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          We always want what we can’t find in our areas.

• BabaORiley
          BabaORiley commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah but you Texas guys pull out three G-10s when you water your lawn...

I know, right?

I’ve never found either., and I did think it looks a bit large to dangle around one’s neck....
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
        X