Click image for larger version

Name:	E39612C6-A345-452A-98BE-DAECF53CB45F.png
Views:	156
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	371250 Click image for larger version

Name:	2E0190A1-D695-4877-8A1A-2E645CCC828B.png
Views:	137
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	371249 I knew an old farmer that carried around the oldest pocket knife that I had ever seen. It had been passed down from his grandfather to his father and then to him. It was rusted with a broken tip and the blade had been sharpened so many times it was over halfway gone but it was still his favorite knife and it kept a fine sharp edge. This old wore out paleo Clovis reminds me of his old knife and makes me wonder if this piece was cherished the same by the ancient man that carried it so long ago. It was definitely used up about the same as his knife so one could only imagine lol.
    SE ARKANSAS

I think those paleo points like this are very cool! How many woolly mammoths and prehistoric bison fell from that historic artifact?

Comment

I don’t find Clovis so teach me on what to look for so in case I ever do. Looks like a nice piece
      NW Georgia,

Comment

We are in SE Arkansas. Paleo points are few and far between. There are a some Dalton sites down here that have produced a few Clovis Points but not many. The “rocks” down here were mainly brought in from North Arkansas and Missouri so when you do actually get lucky enough to find a paleo it is usually well used lol.
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a curiosity...how far from the river was it found? I ask this because I’ve never found a paleo point on the site I hunt most, and I don’t think I ever will because of the meanderings of the river over the years.
        My brother has found some on the other side of Crowley’s Ridge, but that area is protected from the river...

Wow man that is some ancient history in your hand about as old as they get. Is that tip impact fracture maybe? Nice old pocket knife...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Super find, I'm gonna find one someday. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too.

They aint always pretty G 10 points but they can still be a memorable find. I bet you will remember where and when you found that point for a long time to come.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

You guys above need to know, there are paleo points in your state/area. Think positive, you will find paleo !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

That is a super find. Most hunters can go a lifetime and never find a fluted point. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
            X