ID:	373673 Click image for larger version

Name:	B9E9E0C1-0FC8-4B0F-9C24-0C838D49C87A.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	373671 Click image for larger version

Name:	89141FF6-5B14-44E8-B8F2-8B8B9E84AD84.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	373672 Another interesting piece from the Davenport Iowa area. This was found in the 1930’s.

Looks to to me like a knife designed to fit the hand. There’s a perfect place for the thumb. The stone seems almost shale- like, but is chipped like Flint. There is lots of polish from handling and wear, in places that one would hold the tool.

Ever seen even any like it?
    Fayette County, southern Illinois

pretty awesome artifact. I agree looks like it was made to use hand held rather than hafted.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Now that’s the Cats Meow👍 Killer artifact

Comment

Love the oddball pieces
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing some of your artifacts with us!
          SE ARKANSAS

Comment

I suspect this was made from a naturally shaped stone that was chosen for its knife-like shape, and knapped into a useful tool.

About 20 years ago, A I was offered 1/2 of a full box of points and artifacts by a poorly paid preacher that needed money for the dentist. I had no idea of the value of any of the pieces, and just picked the ones I liked the looks of. I gave him all the money I had, after I just sold a longbow at a target shoot. $300.00 for about 50 loose points and 50 mounted bird points. He was overjoyed to get the money and thanked me profusely for buying 1/2 of his collection. I hoped their value would be as much as I paid for them, but was happy even if they were worth less money, as I really enjoy looking at them, as well as the pieces I’ve found myself. I almost didn’t pick this knife, but it intreagued me, and it’s now my favorite piece, even though it is worth very little, probably.

Chuck Click image for larger version

Name:	6955EB23-49C8-4EA9-9E82-7B545F588BFF.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	373813

Fayette County, southern Illinois

Comment

Working...
            X