Have to be from MA or RI to appreciate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to be from MA or RI to appreciate

Click image for larger version  Name:	D3684817-2AC2-4100-9E20-592FC96A59FC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	373938
    I thought folks might appreciate seeing something a little different. I snapped this pic on Saturday after finding the little point on the left. Although people from other parts of the country might have a hard time seeing the “beauty” in these points (or perhaps believing they are points at all), but they are fairly typical argilite artis for my area.

Cool finds, Garrett. We have found some nicely flaked argillite points, but also a lot like the ones you're showing us. I remember picking up a crude argillite point in a field once, and thinking "how did these guys even survive", lol. Our argillite is argillaceous slate. The argillite from Pa and NJ is argillaceous shale, and if anything, it weathers even worse then our argillite. But a point is a point, and a find is a find!
    Rhode Island

Comment

• Hunting_Dad
      Hunting_Dad commented
      Editing a comment
      I have small handful of what might be considered "nice" argilite points/bases... everything else makes you scratch your head.

Nice! I don't know how you guys do it. I never would have found those.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
    X