These points just keep turning up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These points just keep turning up!!!

This is my most common point type here on my land on Sand Mountain AL (Pisgah). By the amount that I have found of these, it must have been a killing machine. I have probably found over 100 of these points on my land (broken and whole).
       Attached files 

WOW! Lucky you. Looks like Adena's to me. Great finds and I hope they keep popping up.

Comment

Awesome.  Definitely a kill zone.  Look a little like Florida types Taylors and Duvals.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Thanks guys! I have found dozens of Big Sandys and Lecroys with these points as well.

Comment

I sure like those (Beaver Tail) Adenas. Are the bases ground on those, some are some are not.

Comment

From the form and workmanship I would say you are on a Beacon Island site with Adena influence. Are you finding Copena points? I like the little rose quartz example.

Comment

Picture # 5 I have one with same material.  Can see thru it when held to light.  Found in central TX.

Comment

greywolf22 wrote:

I sure like those (Beaver Tail) Adenas. Are the bases ground on those, some are some are not.
                  You are correct. Some are ground and some are not.

Comment

BryanB wrote:

From the form and workmanship I would say you are on a Beacon Island site with Adena influence. Are you finding Copena points? I like the little rose quartz example.
                    I agree with you. They resemble Beacon Island points the most. As far as finding Copenas, not sure if this is one, but it is a nice blade that I found on the same site.(The base is NOT broken)

Comment

Working...
                  X