Small point found yesterday creek walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small point found yesterday creek walking

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	380027 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	380028 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	380029 Found this guy after 10 sifters full of material, was in the creek behind my property, found in Dallas Co, MO
    In need of some help with the I.D.
    Last edited by Hartlein1; 07-19-2019, 07:02 AM.

From the difference in the patina on flat part of point, looks like it was a piece picked up by a later culture and re worked into a later style point.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Was kinda thinking the same

Comment

The patina difference is night and day it was the first thing that stood out. If reworked then why does it follow the edge of the whole point. IMO something is not right. maybe you have someone playing a joke on you. the type is wrong for the area as well.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• chase
          chase commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess there is a point type close to that found in eastern texas and Louisiana. I guess its possible

Ha man if someone played a joke on me, my hat goes to them lol but I'm at a loss of what to think it is lol

Comment

Yeah saw a couple from texas that maybe could, but nothing around my area

Comment

Originally posted by willjo View Post
            From the difference in the patina on flat part of point, looks like it was a piece picked up by a later culture and re worked into a later style point.
            I always theorize about this Johnny . Like I have said before if the old timers were picking up buckets 50 years ago well what the heck were the NA picking up off the ground .
            I just know if they found a great jasper , Chert they would use it . Rework it into their own style .
            Hence variants to drills . Who knows !

Comment

Aren't you on the artifact addictions facebook page too?
              Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
              X