Greg Perino Spud - Other of His Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Perino Spud - Other of His Artifacts

This is a picture of Greg Perino's Spud. I wonder who has it now?

I got this picture years ago. Not sure who owns this collection now

Jack

Jack, it is funny you should post that because I am not certain where I seen it, maybe Bennett's auction, but maybe not, anyhow I was browsing around recently and mention of an auction that featured some of Perino's stuff (originally) was going to be available.
       Can't for the life of me remember what site I was on, of coarse I also couldn't tell you what I had for supper last night! If I remember, I will post it on here, not sure if any of those pieces are included, I just remember Perino stuff being mentioned. Bill

Comment

Here are a few pictures of his collection taken at his home a few months before he died.

Picture Greg taken August 1962 at his home.

Comment

Hey Greywolf.....Thanks for the pictures taken at Greg Perino's house shortly before his death.  Did you take those pictures or get them from someone else?

Comment

Bennett's Auction will be selling some of Perino's things this Sunday.

Comment

I was suppose to go on a trip to visit him but had to back out, a friend of mine made the trip and sent me the pictures. I talked to Greg on the phone quite often when I was getting artifacts papered by him. He knew his stuff. I sent him 25 Hayes points to paper at one time and he phoned me and told me never to send him that many at one time ever again, he was really pissed. I sure miss him.

Comment

I will check it out.

Comment

Yep, I also have copies of the same pictures which were given to me by "SG", who I am guessing is the friend you mentioned.  I try to collect pieces from Greg Perino's personal collection when possible.

Comment

I got from CB who knows SG.
                  Jack

Comment

Most of what I see in those pics were purchased by David Bogle.  The more notable examples are displayed in the Museum of Native American History in Bentonville, Ark, owned by David.  The Perino points in the auction are 100% legit and would make a great addition to any collection.

Comment

Those Hematite Celts are killer. I bid on one but did not get it. I am to cheap.

Comment

Jack, I meant to watch the auction but forgot to.  Those hematite celts went cheap, I would have given more than that for them.  The red Costa Rica flaked -and- ground celt was another one that I thought went cheap. I loved that piece when I fondled it.  Whoever got it is a lucky pup.

Comment

I was goofing off yesterday and did not follow the auction. I bid on most of the paleo on Bennett's -and- Whites but was wanting cheap so I lost out.

Comment

You still have time White's is this weekend.

Comment

Does anybody know if Dana Perino, former Bush White House press secretary, is related to Greg?

Comment

Working...
                              X