End of Summer Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Summer Finds

I'm wrapping up my summer hunting. It's too hot. I've been searching now for about 12 months. I took a few months off during deer season last year and I'm done for this year. I'm looking forward to Jan 2nd! I'll get back out there. This spring I found lots of points but this summer's finds have been all scrapers, knives and hammer stones. And the brokes of course. Much to my delight, the last piece I found was a chert end scraper. Big deal for me because I have very few chert pieces. I kept the brown piece because I would like to know what type of lithic it might be. I miss rock hunting already but at least it's football season! I'll sneak in a few quick hunts in Nov and Dec when the hunters are tired of hunting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0301.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	391530
    South Carolina

That is the time the weather gets cooler to bad deer season interrupts your hunting, nice finds
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I could probably go between 12:00 and 3:00 during deer season but I'll let everyone get six weeks of rifle season out of their system first.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Kills half of my hunting areas hunters they come first

Too hot for me also I’m off tomorrow but not going. The places I go if I get heatstroke I’m on my own. Going to be in the 100s again. At least you found that end scraper it’s my favorite type of scraper to find. Not many around here mostly oval type. Good luck
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      When winter comes it usually will rain for about a week and wash all the leaves away I’m kind of in between right now. Crops are still in place. I’ve already found more points than a usual year so I’m happy. But as you know we always are looking for the year maker

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the last times I went out, it was so humid. When I got back to the house , my husband was giggling and asked me if I had gotten into a tribal skirmish. He told me to look in the mirror on his truck. I had mascara running down my face, red clay finger streaks across my face. I guess I looked like I was painted up for war but really I was a hot mess. I decided then, it's just too hot. Dangerously hot.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes to hot today I did some running around town but was happy to get back home. Another 98 plus day. Feels like 106 I’d rather hunt at 20 degrees then this heat

Nice finds Josie love the scraper! Is the little brown artifact possibly a quartzite sure is some pretty material.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Sugaree. I don't think it's an artifact i just liked the rock. Something different than what I'm used to seeing.

Nice finds josie
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Red. You been hunting lately?

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Man.....its been too long josie....i will soon...had some crazy familly stuff goin on ...seems like all summer but no hunters to worry bout...so ill get something soon
      Last edited by redrocks; 09-13-2019, 09:35 PM.

WTG Jo, my cotton fields have no deer hunters , I’m fortunate in that aspect. The fields are full of lust cotton on the irrigated. The dry land crops burnt up so there will be less dead foliage . We usually get a hard freeze last of Oct. I’m going to try to hunt fairly hard on weekends.. Ill take everyone along...JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like fun I to have some winter fields after they harvest the cotton

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Good !

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, JJ. Glad you got some rain and cooler weather!
Working...
X