Incredible incised portorate art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible incised portorate art

I feel pretty confident that there is no way nature could ha e created this. It's very old and worn .I think it used to be an axe made from basalt .This is on one side and there is other things on each side it seems. Sorry for the crappy pictures I feel it might hurt my responses but let me know what you all think.
    thank you!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's just a rock unaltered by man. You should research and familiarize yourself with artifacts especially from your area. Learn to recognize flaking, pecking and grinding.

Comment

Definitely a rock. I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as rock art that you have to squint and holdup to the light and stare at in order to "get it". If it was "rock art" You would know it immediately.
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

That rock has absolutely no signs of any pecking , chipping , grinding , conchoidal fracture or abrasive work done by the hands of a human being.
                Last edited by Hiddenvalley; 09-16-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky point View Post
                  Definitely a rock. I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as rock art that you have to squint and holdup to the light and stare at in order to "get it". If it was "rock art" You would know it immediately.
                  Well that's one of the the most ignorant things I've heard in a while. You think every art was sculpted. No scratching or carving g in art is also very possible and I. The pnw everything g wears and lines become worn and faint but this isnt even faint it's so clear.

Comment

• Cskelton
                    Cskelton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No.. actually what KP said was exactly what you need to hear. Ignorance in this case, is continually posting rocks that tickle your vivid imagination. You obviously havent studied up on what any true artifacts look like, if you are capable that is...

Well since you admitted your photos are crappy (and no one is arguing that point), perhaps you should take better photos in natural daylight in order to prove your point. Keep in mind the old saying “art is in the eye of the beholder”.
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Organic86 - Walkin' the Line. I'd like to see you highlight/draw-in what you are seeing.

Professor Shellman
                    Tampa Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Hiddenvalley View Post
                      That rock has absolutely no signs of any pecking , chipping , grinding , conchoidal fracture or abrasive work done by the hands of a human being.
                      So you are saying all lithic artifacts even if used for art will always show flaking or pecking g or grinding that you should be obvious enough to see from cell phone pictures?

What about many mesoamerican or Egyptian artifacts that hide the tool marks unless you look up close

Comment

• Kentucky point
                        Kentucky point commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At least with mesoamerican, or egyptian artifacts, you could see what it was a mile away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scissors.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	392045
                      Michigan Yooper
                      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Originally posted by tomclark View Post
                        Organic86 - Walkin' the Line. I'd like to see you highlight/draw-in what you are seeing.
                        Lol I do t have a stylust at the moment and can't trace on My screen worth a crap but that's my first really quick trace. To me it almost makes it harder to see maybe but it might help for you to get the idea of what I'm seeing.

Comment

• gregszybala
                          gregszybala commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That scribbly rendering of what you think you see should give you every clue you are the only one seeing it what you want to see. It's even got eyebrows!!!

No comment ......
                        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
                        X