Razor sharp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor sharp!!

2 years ago I might not have bothered to bend over and flip this one. Laying flat with green moss growing around it. But it was too shiny white this day for my curiosity not to take over. I think it's a Palmer, and this milky quartz is so sharp. I would think a knife like this would never need to be sharpened due to its hardness and maintainability. Minus an ear but still cool and cool sherd.
    North Carolina

Good one Chris... I find a lot of quartz here on Long Island also.
    New York

Comment

That really looks like a little arrow point to me. really nice find though
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I’m a little better, Willjo, because I saw a point and not a knife. Was thinking, poop, I’ll never get it, then saw your response. Any day I think like you is a good day! I’m pulling out the quartz knife you sent me, and give it a pat.

Nice point and cool pottery
      SW Connecticut

Comment

High quality quartz looks nice
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, SH, even low-quality pretty to some!😉

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Most of my quartz are low quality so to see a nice feature as this one gives me hope

I usually “sing” my little Quartz Song here, but it’s not as cute as it used to be. I’m in an area with no chert, but tons (literally) of quartz, so I’m a little biased. I’m so glad that the today you smarter than 2yrs-past you, and you picked up that little beauty! Someone worked hard to make it, and was proud of its sharp edges, I’m sure.
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Killer point!

Comment

Working...
          X