More knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More knives

The majority of our good points and knives are put away but we had this particular bunch out recently and I took these pictures. I have some photos of some displays of random stuff that i'll post some time later. Click image for larger version

Name:	027.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	393150 Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	393151 Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	393152 Click image for larger version

Name:	august2019 045.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	393153
    Wyoming

Very nice blades !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I forgot to mention for those who might have missed my prior post that these are all from Wyoming
      Wyoming

Comment

Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Those are very impressive! That large SunFish looking point has me drooling on the keyboard!
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I need to go to Wyoming!! Very nice knives!
            North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky point View Post
              Those are very impressive! That large SunFish looking point has me drooling on the keyboard!
              2nd that the sheen on that well made quartzite piece is special
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post

2nd that the sheen on that well made quartzite piece is special
                Nice Spanish Diggings quartz

it's great to see pics of the lithics of the area..can compare the stuff I have to them
                Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 09-22-2019, 01:40 PM.
                San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

• realistone
                  realistone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We actually made it to the actual spanish diggins site about 20 years ago. We had a idea where it was but still had to ask a local rancher for the actual spot as it's not easy to find. We took some samples just so we could show people. It's pretty remarkable how big the holes are that they created getting the quartzite. Most of it was a darker color quartz than this but the quartzite is readily available pretty much everywhere out here.

• Rio Del Norte
                  Rio Del Norte commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The SD area is huge!! like 20 sq miles huge. Lot of different kinds of lithics besides the quartzite...out in the middle of nowhere too...great info on the web about it The dark knife could be from there or at least that color of lithics...the tiger chert I have is from Montana looks like the tang knife...
                  Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 09-22-2019, 07:47 PM.

You live in one of our most beautiful states, you just joined the site, and you already Supa-Star!! Moreover, outstanding performance is with lithic of my land, quartzite!🥳
                Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

That's a fine frame of blades: the 'sunfish' being my favorite.
                  Here's a bit of history about the Spanish Diggings site for those that my be interested

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• realistone
                    realistone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep that video is of the exact place we went to. Someplace on a older computer I have pictures of my wife standing in one of those holes.

Awesome!
                  South Dakota

Comment

Those are really nice. Can't wait to see some more of your artifacts......

Comment

Wow, Eye candy for sure.
                      I'm gonna have to put Wyoming a little more forward on my bucket list.
                      Thanks
                      FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

Working...
                      X