Triple T’ or a Humboldt variant or? Far West Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple T’ or a Humboldt variant or? Far West Point

This is an interesting Obsidian point. Found in the late 60s. Extreme North western Nevada. Point is completely worked on both sides. It’s one of those that’s hard to nail down as it has attributes of several types. Looks Triple T’ to Me or maybe a Humboldt variant. Kinda has a little Paleo thing going on, but I think the knapper took advantage of the slight concavity of the material on the reverse side.
    Last edited by Sage hen jack; 11-06-2019, 11:31 AM.

Explain triple T plz..
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Sage hen jack
      Sage hen jack commented
      Editing a comment
      Triple T’ is listed in the Overstreet guide. It’s a Humboldt Variant. Thought to be a very early type in the Humboldt Series/Cluster

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, I’m here to learn !

There are several variants in the Humboldt cluster which I believe Triple T is also. I'm a lumper so I usually just stick to calling them Humboldts unless its a real radical eared one that I'll call a Buchannan Eared.

Comment

That's a sweet point.

So much to like about it.

I like the curve to it. It's very nicely made. Concave base.

There's a little peak in middle that's cute as can be.

General vibe is top shelf artifact.

​​​​​​​Thanks for showing it.
      California

Comment

• Sage hen jack
        Sage hen jack commented
        Editing a comment
        Tomf. Thanks appreciate it . It’s quite an unusual and interesting point. It’s the only Humboldt Triple T’ Variant in my collection. Sometime when I get chance. Think I’ll pull a bunch of the Humboldt Variants and do a Pic post

• Sage hen jack
        Sage hen jack commented
        Editing a comment
        Tomf. Thanks appreciate it . It’s quite an unusual and interesting point. It’s the only Humboldt Triple T’ Variant in my collection. Sometime when I get chance. Think I’ll pull a bunch of the Humboldt Variants and do a Pic post

Thats mad cool real nice find love the base
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Whatever you end up calling it, it's a cool point. Always enjoy finding a point made from a good sized flake.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

not from your area so I have no input on type but damnnn that's a killer point..the obsidian really makes that awesome flaking pattern pop. sweet find

Comment

Working...
          X