New Additions to Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Additions to Collection

Went to the Kentucky Dam Village artifacts show this past weekend and was really impressed. Picked up a few nice points to add to my collection. Five Dalton's are all out of Butler County Missouri, the nice Buck Creek is out of Illinois. The others came from the $5 bucket....can't resist...

The impact fracture on the big blade is cool. Must have hit a bone or antler or the kids were playing with dad's knife.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Awesome buys! You really got that big ol' blade out of the 5 bucket? Man, I can barely buy a scraper for that much around here.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• jstefans
        jstefans commented
        Editing a comment
        The big blade was a bit more, the points around it were all $5. Couldn't pass up the big blade though....just has so much character

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm lucky to afford much. I did have enough to buy a beauty of a Tennessee Copena, but then I saw the cannonball beside it and well... I came out with the cannonball.

Killer buys! Butler co is just a few counties over from me. Love that big ol etley, I have a soft spot for those for some reason.
      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• jstefans
        jstefans commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like some great stuff comes out of your neck of the woods, I also appreciate the Missouri artifacts, love Burlington chert, and I also love Etleys, this one could definitely tell some stories....

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        SE Missouri is a very artifact rich area. Hard to walk any field around here and not find something. One of the fields I walk has a strong etley presence but most of them I find are broke in half from the plow or were broke during manufacture.

Looks like you made some good purchases
      South Dakota

Comment

Liking them Daltons very hard to find any in my area of Georgia
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I would have bought those daltons to . Nice

Comment

Working...
          X