Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New heartbreaker

This one had me mumbling and cursing all the way down the creek

AAAgh! Aww man, that sucks! Awesome base, but man. That would have had me cursein' too, but Management does not allow me to mutter such things.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Definitely a 💔! Maybe you will run up on the rest of it one day.
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

They don't always come out perfect, but it makes me happy knowing the next one like that may be whole. Nice base
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          You always uplifting!

Yeah man, the frustrations....but also, like WillJo said....knowing what is out there makes it nice.😮
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

If you're lucky it broke in the tumble and not out of the bank. Tumble you have a possible chance of finding the other half. Sounds impossible but I have found both halves in the same creek a year apart
          NW Georgia,

Comment

What willjo said... Look on the bright side ....
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

would have been a killer.
              Wyoming

Comment

Nice find man
                SW Connecticut

Comment

As bad as it hurts I would still be happy with the find. Super.
                  SE IA

Comment

Dont know whats worse. The point or the base. With the base you at least have a good idea on what it was. The point however just leaves one in wonder. Still a cool find man.
                    The chase is better than the catch...
                    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

You found the best part of it. At least you can tell what type or types it may or could be. Not often we can do that with a distal end. So what are you thinking or guessing and not hoping it could be?

Comment

It must be a weird, bitter-sweet feeling finding a superb base like that.

Day-making and heartbreaking, together.
                        California

Comment

I say Dalton cause of base and parallel flaking and I've found a whole Dalton further up the same creek it didn't have a triangle shaped flute it was more of a thinned then ground flute and yes i still love finding halves

Comment

A find like that gets me a lot more excited than a lot of complete relics. Congrats!

If it weren't for the broken pieces, my personal found paleo collection would consist of very few items. If we only counted G10's it would be this picture:

(There's no picture...)
                            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
                            X