Cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycles

So I waited for the weather to warm up until about 3pm. I’ve expressed that I just don’t like to get cold anymore, prefer the 90 F temps. It warmed up to 60F with west wind about 25mph. I had to get the heck outside ! I started to drive to Lynn county , got there and thought , I can drive long and look short or go back and get some walking in.. Sunlight was excellent. I drove to Mars hill not to far from home, and started marching. I’m not sure if this happens to anyone else, but it seems like I find things in cycles. By that I’ll find artifacts of the same types. This never has made sense to me but I have excepted the nature of the good Earth ! I’m not sure how long it’s been since I’ve found a graver but today I found two fairly nice ones. One was made from a archaic point, the other was made from a flint shard.
    I felt like I was gonna find a nice point but only found a base of one which does not fit in with normal types.
    Anyway, it was a graver cycle day....JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Nice finds glad you got out.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Quality material!
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Nice finds. I too often enjoy the walk as much as the finds...Just getting out in nature is the joy...
        North Central Kentucky

Comment

Always enjoy the chance to walk. Also seem to go in streaks at times, weird how that works.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Greg , I wondered if it was just me.. Streaks , another good analogy !

A successful walk indeed brother man...the gravers are cool. ...nice Flint.....and I know I see some red tecovas in the dish ..nice artifacts....better weather will come
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m saving the reds and separating .. I’m looking for ya...

Wonder if the base was a t drill?? I like the gravers, bowl of flakes looks tasty also.. very pretty stuff!

Comment

I like how that one graver has multiple points on it, very neat find. Nice hunt there!
            keep on keepin after

Comment

Working...
            X