What a great day..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great day..

Found a new honey hole today..found all this withing 50 yards of eachother. My wife found the bison skull and the broke blade. Any info on the smaller point would be appreciated..central ks.
    Attached Files
    Kansas

Way to go finding a new spot man. Nice ones. Like the skull too.
    keep on keepin after

Comment

Awesome finds, you guys did good today! Congrats!!

Comment

Nice finds but need more info like what state .

Comment

• Upatree
          Upatree commented
          Editing a comment
          Central KS...

Picture of one of the 3 uniface scrapers we found today. First time I've found one stick out of the bank.
        Attached Files
        Kansas

Comment

That was a really good day, way to go! I went looking to see if I could help you with the smaller point. Not much in your area that would fit that point. I'm thinking it may be an Aux Arc type. Looks like maybe a ding on the right corner of the base, right? If so, it would have expanded out a little more an given it that expanding to squarish stem.
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Nice finds
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Yes BA that one side had a little nick out of it..
              Kansas

Comment

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought that's what I was seeing. It could be an aux arc type. I'm not real firm in that suggestion but that is what my gut is saying. Hopefully some others chime in.

I’ve got the freaking flu so I had to check my thoughts on the skull. The skull is the find here indicating something nice and old in the area. It’s a ice age bison! In pic #2 , the third and fourth artifacts are paleo...
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thanks for the info guys..yep the skull is definitely petrified. Pretty exciting stuff..Found these 2 this morning...any ideas on them
                Attached Files
                Kansas

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                  Lindenmeier-Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can’t type your points but I can say they are most likely darts. Did you take wife ? The girls find the goodies !

Yep she saw the skull first and found the broken blade. I went solo today..fun weekend for sure
                Kansas

Comment

It is a very exciting site that you are on. Congratulations. It may produce some more goodies for you.

Comment

wow nice finds!

Comment

Working...
                    X