Real Effigys Yes Real !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Effigys Yes Real !!!

I figured it was time to post some real effigys. You guys have been going through some strange effigys so I wasnted to throw in some real ones. OK I know that some of you have seen them before but wanted to put them all together for this post. OK First four photo's are of a Rattle Snake effigy drilled in the center to hang it by it has drilled dots down both sides in the shape of dimonds. Made from a rib bone and black from age. Second is a bone snake small with ribs showing. I have been told this may be a person but it looks like a snake. Third is a very small effigy that I am not sure of. Surely a bead but of what I don't know. Fourth is my doll's head, bone of course. And last my little stone effigy.

No those are cool. You can tell they have the hand of man on them.
    I think the Indians were like us, they liked to keep minds and hands moving, maybe some artistic doodling while setting around.
    Jack

Comment

Very interesting stuff..Where they come from?..

Comment

All from the Columbia. Different areas but all withen a few miles of the river. I just love the carvings that have come off the river.  Jack; that is what I have been told. They did have extra time up here and did some spare time carving. History tells us they were very well into art here. Some of the rock carvings along the river are beautiful. There have been a lot of neat carvings found on the river.

Comment

I love all those you posted. Thank you very much for showing us the real deal.

Comment

The 6th one down kind of looks like a plum bob?
            Jack

Comment

That river fascinating me more and more...NM?...Its all over the rocks, paintings and such.Going soon cant wait to take picts..Heres a bone bead from there...

Comment

Rattle Snake Rattle pendent. Thisone has a real neat story with it. Will pass it on to you sometime. Is very old found with Cascade points.

Comment

6000 to 8000 years old, now that is something. Want to here the story.

Comment

Stone Pendent found in Missouri.

Comment

I dont know but seems theres simiarities with mayans from there at the columbian...Or am i just crazy?

Comment

No I think I have to agree Pullenrock. I have seen a lot of very similar carvings to those of the mayans. On the Rattle snake pendent it was found at Vernita Wa. There was a camp on the beach just down river from Jayers Island. People had dug there for years but dug the top layer only. We found that if you went down two or three more feet in the sand there was a flood layer on top of the clay. This was put down just before Mt Mazuma (Crader Lake) blew. There was a ash layer just on top of the gravel of the flood. Must have happened right after the flood. Anyway we dug that layer and all we ever found were large knives and what we called Willow points. Now called Cascade. One day while I was working a Sheep Herder came by with his sheep. He just happened to be Indian. After a while of watching us he finely ask. What are you guys looking for? Of course our answer was arrowheads. Again he stood there awhile. Then as he turned to leave he said to us. Crazy white men, 100 years ago you were picking those out of your ass now you are picking them out of the ground. The very next artifact in the screen was this pendent. I will always think of that Indian when I hold this artifact. That is my story of the pendent.

Comment

I love a good story thanks..

Comment

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great stuff thanks for sharing. Didn't have to squint and smoke up to see those "images".

Comment

Working...
                              X