First Ever "Find"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ever "Find"

I've always wanted to find an arrowhead, and have been researching and searching in earnest for several years now with no success. Today my girlfriend and I were out hiking with our dog, when we came up on a nice camp spot on a creek that connects to the James River nearby (in central-western Virginia). There was a well-used fire pit, and just as I was commenting that the creek might be a good spot to search for arrowheads, my girlfriend interrupted me to pick up this arrowhead, which was just laying there next to the fire pit. It had clearly been found and left there by someone else. So this is not really my find, but I am stoked anyway. What a beauty! I think it may be a Culpepper point: http://www.projectilepoints.net/Poin...qVG74q4KCIi2bM

We're definitely going back soon to camp there and spend a long time searching that creek!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 5.34.45 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	233.2 KB ID:	456556Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 5.34.58 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	234.3 KB ID:	456557
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 5.38.40 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	396.1 KB ID:	456558Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 5.38.52 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	412.1 KB ID:	456559
    Last edited by kolymoly; 05-25-2020, 04:48 PM.

It may have not been found before, most people don't look for rocks and would have walked over it thinking it was just a rock. Enjoy it good find
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice looking piece of quartzite you have found
      NW Georgia,

Comment

That is one very nice find,congrats, you are now “hooked” for life✌️
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

good on you and your girlfriend
          Wyoming

Comment

Nice quartzite point. Congrats! Looks a lot like the one my grandson found yesterday in Charles City Co. along a dry stream bed. His first also. He’s 9 & can’t wait to find another.
            Child of the tides

Comment

Congrats on a very nice point..
              North Central Kentucky

Comment

Sweet point. Congrats on the find
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Exceptional point, No one ever finds an arrowhead and puts it back, like Willjo said.
                  Floridaboy.

Comment

very nice quartzite point, has a sugar quartz look to it.
                    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Watch it now, gals are really good at artifact hunting....! She might hurt your feelers ! That is ok though !
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Pretty nice find. It may have eroded out of that spot and you’re the first to find it.
                        South Dakota

Comment

Nice two tone point. If your girlfriend picked it up... it's her find. You'll be going back there soon.
                          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Working...
                          X