Rich History of the Uhwarrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich History of the Uhwarrie

I recently visited some cousins to tour old homeplaces, cemeteries, walk a bit, spend some quick quality time, and even do a first--gold prospecting. At one point I had 31 first cousins. The Cooper family tree runs long and deep in North Carolina history. Here's a few pics of my finds. Yes, I did have good fortune prospecting but hard work it is for such small gains.
    North Carolina

Yeah man! Lots of different materials in that neck of the woods! Good couple of days there! I like the dark notched point made on a flake!!
    North Carolina

Comment

Nice finds, Let’s see those nuggets, lol.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! Let’s see nuggets!

• Carolina Hunter
        Carolina Hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I learned there's gold dust, specks, flakes, and nuggets. Mostly I found the first three sizes. But there's good in them there hills!! Lol

Looks like you had fun. Cool finds!!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Grate trip with some nice finds
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Hi,

Nice finds! Are you kin to Jerry or Bob Cooper. They are brothers from the Thomasville area and friends of my father that he and I played golf with . Great guys that I don’t see that much now days but miss a lot.

Von
          Last edited by Von; 06-29-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Carolina Hunter
            Carolina Hunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure, but my great great grandfather was Sterling Cooper. He fought for the Confederacy and is buried close to where I was on Cooper Mtn.
        Working...
        X