They did what they could

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They did what they could

These 2 points were found by me in North Alabama (1st 2 5/8 by 1 1/2. 2nd 2 7/8 by 1 1/8). I'll let my post title and pictures speak for these.

Attached Files
    ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Attached Files
    ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

I believe that! I think some of them were stubborn like me, they were too far into this project to turn back, so they made what they could out of it...
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        I canโ€™t knap (tried once, almost put nosy Dogโ€™s eye out), but I never know when to stop when doing any project!

I would've done the same, these would be considered masterpieces compared to what I would have created.
      ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
        I believe that! I think some of them were stubborn like me, they were too far into this project to turn back, so they made what they could out of it...
        I can't tell you how many times I've been knapping, and I made a point like that because "it's too late now". You nailed it.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Yeah, they sure did. I have a few that are similar. ๐Ÿ‘
          Southeastern Minnesotaโ€™s driftless area

Comment

They look like the same person made both. If I knapped that's probably how mine would look
            NW Georgia,

Comment

I like em ..the mammoth coulda been in the area and the knapper hadda hurry maybe..? Nice points!
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Thanks for showing, All of the above, I reckon most folks got a couple, but those have a certain charm to em, great pics.
                Floridaboy.

Comment

I like them. They are a lot better than some of my ancient pet wood points.
                  Michigan Yooper
                  If You Donโ€™t Stand for Something, Youโ€™ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Great old workhorse type points
                    Wyoming

Comment

I like red rocks idea. Kinda like caught with your pants down in the duck blind. Scramble to get a shot
                      Searching south central wisconsin

Comment

North Alabama, eh. My old hunting grounds. The first one looks like a McIntire and the 2nd one looks like a Little Bear Creek. This McIntire is pretty rough looking. They made better ones. They are mid to late Archaic points. May have been made from Ft. Payne Chert. They are knives.
                        Last edited by sailorjoe; 07-02-2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• antmike915
                          antmike915 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cool sailor, I bet you found a lot, I miss going up there. The 1st one is very rough looking, looks like something chewed and spit it out. This is one of the roughest point I ever found.
                      Working...
                      X