The very first one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The very first one

This is what got it all started for me nearly 25yrs ago, my first find. Can still remember everything about that moment and the excitement that came with it. I don't get out as often as I use to but I still enjoy it as much now as I did back then and am so very thankful for all the experiences I've had over the years in my search for these beautiful artifacts. Thanks for letting me share, hope you enjoy this one!
    Jason from Missouri

It's a good one for your 1st. Mine was a ugly but I have found better since.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, probably better to start off ugly. I was always afraid I'd never find anything better than the first lol. Truthfully some may not be as nice as others but I wouldn't call any of them ugly, I'll take them all šŸ‘

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Well you didn't see the one I found if you had you would know. I picked it up in my hand and actually said to myself geez I hope they all aren't going to look like this one.

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's funny!

That is one heck of a find! I think it maybe a st.charles dovetail.
    Someone will be along with more knowledge on it ... great first find, love that Missouri stuff....šŸ‘šŸ‘
    Southeastern Minnesotaā€™s driftless area

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      I might be able to find a few others to share lol and would be happy to do so. And to answer your question, there is no basal grinding. I've struggled with typing this point but as I mentioned earlier I've always called it a Kirk Corner. You still thinking it's a Dovetail?

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      If no basal grinding, your call on a Kirk may be correct.
      Certainly a fine early piece and a centerpiece in any collection...do, keep um coming....lol...āœŒļø

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do appreciate your input and I'll most definitely keep sharing, thank you!

That's a killer 1st find, thanks for sharing it. Even though I don't have my 1st anymore (even my 2nd). I remember them to every detail.
    Last edited by antmike915; 07-09-2020, 10:47 PM.
    šŸœ šŸŽ¤ SW Georgia

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Crazy how we can remember the details to our finds yet I'm constantly forgetting where I put my cell phone lol!

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right, as well as car keys and things the wife wants you to do.

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol... absolutely right šŸ˜†

Ugly, beautiful, who cares, youā€™re never gonna find a first one again...Oh, by the way, thatā€™s an outrageously beautiful one, thanks for showing...
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most definitely agree with you on that and thank you!

What a great first find! (A great Early Archaic something or other.)
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I always called it a Kirk Corner but it has a lot of similarities with so many others...who knows?

Unbelievable first find!

thats a heck of a way to start out...
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, definitely so!

Well if that doesn't get you hooked I don't know what will! Way to start 25 years of fun and learning.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gave me the fever for sure and so happy it did. Thank you!

Beautiful Point!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! What part of Missouri are you in?

Wow.

I found my first just about a year ago when digging for rocks. I didnā€™t know what it was (a pointy star-shaped quartz?). I joined this site to learn about it, and have been learning ever since. I look forward to your 25 yrs. worth of knowledge!
    Digging in GA, ā€˜bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Granby68
      Granby68 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you enjoy it and keep with it you'll most definitely want to keep learning more. It's a fascinating hobby that gets in your blood. Wishing you all the best in your future adventures!
Working...
X