Broken tip...Cape Cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken tip...Cape Cod

I found this great, thin tip at 13” deep in my yard. Cape Cod, MA. Could be many different types. Sketch of a couple of options. I’m new. Have no idea how to get new post (if this is a post...) into an appropriate forum topic.
    Attached Files

That much of a tip is hard to identify unless you are finding whole points with similar flaking.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice tip...and I enjoyed the sketches. Can't help on the ID. Too many things it could be in my opinion.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Welcome from Florida...I really liked your bio....I have many tips and I will never know how old they are, but I love em to death...I have worked a site such as yours and there’s a good chance of matching some...P.S. I can’t believe how many rocks you had to dig through...
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• GreatMarsh
          GreatMarsh commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for comment. I have to point out...fun & fascinating...to point out... The rocks are CFR- cracked fire rock. Every single one of them were hand carried by native Americans to the site! The site is pure, rock free sand - awesome, clean glacial moraine. Not a rock in it except those carried to site for Native Am. use. Cooking. Roasting. Perhaps other purposes not understood. CFR is common to most New England sites. No rocks above or below. The next pit could have zero rocks. It’s amazing. Often I find an edge of the CFR. It’s amazing. Concentrated rock lay down ends abruptly. You can read about CFR on line. A significant part of ancient sites in our area.

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a bunch, now I understand about cfr...we don’t have rocks in fla, sand I understand,,Lol.

Agree with above comments, keep at it you'll find more.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Working...
        X