Seeking more info I n these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking more info I n these

I came across these in lot at a local estate sale (southern KY). Not the thrill of creek find but my interest in artifacts and history (especially in seeking to learn what I’m looking at). Would love to hear from seasoned folks what are the thoughts on these pieces. Have them with my size 10 wedding ring for scale. I have flipped them over to show both sides. Not sure if they are found local or were from other local.

I’m not only seasoned, I’m well done, Lol...Now about them points , they are most certainly common reproductions, I hope it was a cheap lesson,, the only way to learn is not give up,
    Last edited by Hal Gorges; 11-21-2020, 11:46 AM.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

I think those are modern made. Usually from India. Let's see what others have to say.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Real Indian points made in India out of jasper, look on Ebay and you can see those for hardly nothing.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Originally posted by flintguy View Post
          I think those are modern made. Usually from India. Let's see what others have to say.
          That is one reason I wanted to ask here. If I am not picking it out of the ground myself I am always asking others for input. And I do know we all have opinions and to take with a grain of salt. But it’s also one of the best ways to learn...from others.

Comment

• flintguy
            flintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. I always keep an open mind and listen to what others have to say.

Although not authentic NA artifacts, I hope you caught enough of the bug to get out into the fields, streams, beaches, or whatever topography suits you and do some hunting! Then come back & share with us.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
            Although not authentic NA artifacts, I hope you caught enough of the bug to get out into the fields, streams, beaches, or whatever topography suits you and do some hunting! Then come back & share with us.
            Oh yea. Me and the kids have made it a routine lately to hit the creek beds.

Comment

Working...
            X