No announcement yet.

I visited Cahokia over the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.... wow! Boy-howdy, you’ve given us sustenance for days, maybe weeks! Long time ago, spent time Ocmulgee Mounds, and remember as impressive. But Cahokia seems even more so! Now going on bucket list, too. Thank you!
    Last edited by Cecilia; 11-25-2020, 04:43 PM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Thanks for the tour, awesome photos!

Comment

Nice post. Suprised to see the older artifacts there also, though it was just Mississippian. Must have been a good spot to have people hanging around for thousands of years. Even before the mounds were built.
        Central Ohio

Comment

yep great plase, im right across the river from it

Comment

Thanks for sharing. My sons and I stopped there on our way to Chicago a few summers ago. That place is amazing and that museum has some amazing artifacts in it. Next time we head back up that way, we're gonna swing by again.

Comment

Just amazing!! I plan on visiting Cahokia this coming summer. I’ve been to many other mound sites and pictures can’t describe what it’s like to stand among them. Even standing in front of some of these mounds it’s hard to wrap your mind around what you are seeing. I encourage anyone to visit these places and you won’t be disappointed. Thanks for sharing your pics.
              Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Very nice broken arrow....thanks for sharing
                Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Excellent photos, thanks for taking the time to share those with us. My wife would have to knock me out and literally drag me away from a place like that.
                  🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Great post. My wife made a trip out there a couple wks ago. Not to far fetched, but some of her pictures are almost the same as yours.
                    Missouri

Comment

Thanks for posting all the pics. That's now a bucket list place for me. Amazing artifacts!
                      South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                      X