Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey y'all I'm new. I'd like to share some of my favorite finds [Laurens County, South Carolina]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Coy! You've got a nice collection going there.
    South Carolina

Comment

Welcome to the site, nice finds coy
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome to the site Coy. Looks like you’ve got some great places to hunt. I really like the big points you have!
        Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

Welcome Coy, from another South Carolinian. You have some nice finds.
          South Carolina

Comment

• Coy
            Coy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Josie, where in South Carolina are you? It'd be fun to have help looking in some new places in the area, and I need serious help learning to look in creeks.

This is about 200 ft down from the boulders, but I can't find a thing. Then again for some reason I never find arrowheads in creeks, even on the rodeo ranch. Dunno what I'm doing wrong. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_160319.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	537134
          Central Iowa now, used to be in SC.

Comment

Your creek looks really sandy and muddy if there isn't any cobblestone in it you probably won't find anything.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
              Your creek looks really sandy and muddy if there isn't any cobblestone in it you probably won't find anything.
              Also if its a man-made or man altered creek you probably won't find anything there either. To find artifacts in creeks there has to be a certain amount of current and constant water flow. Lots of things to learn when looking in creeks.
              NW Georgia,

Comment

• Coy
                Coy commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a spring so it's always trickling, but it only really flows with the rain. That pits from sort of a waterfall. After the neck in the picture there's a lot of rock, but it's a foot, foot and a half deep and when I tried to take a look I found out the hard way that I got a hole in my wellies. But yeah it's probably a bad place to look.

Question for ya: if part of a crick is silt and part is gravely, is it worth looking in the gavel part?

YES! Gravel bars are what catch the points in the wash! Keep walking... I have found killers in creeks of the Carolinas!
              North Carolina

Comment

Walk against the current you should be able to see to the bottom that way. After you walk in the creek and current flow section get back out go back downstream and walk again upstream look in your tracks. Water flow will wash the soot under your boots to the hard pan and probably clear so you can see the points you stepped on.
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• Coy
                  Coy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great tips! I'll try that, thanks
              Working...
              X