Dunes 6/1/2021 - After A Heavy Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunes 6/1/2021 - After A Heavy Rain

TexArt & I tried to drive out to the Dunes yesterday, but severe thunderstorms in the area turned us back. He had to work today, so I went out by myself. The sand was packed hard after about 2 inches of rain. Within 15 minutes, I found a re-sharpened Bell dart point. Then a half hour later a sweet Golondrina. Both are firsts for me and were a thrill to find!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7706.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	560185Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7708.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	560182Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7710.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	560186Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7712.JPG
Views:	445
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	560184Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7716.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	560183Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7705.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	560181
    Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Sure a couple of good ones today nice dunes
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Go get um, Tex..... 👍
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

What a couple of sweet points..basel notch is very similar to a Florida style.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Wow. Now those are some nice finds.
          Central Ohio

Comment

Holy smokes! 2 finds of the month at once! Not sure which one is better because they are both outstanding finds! Congrats!
            SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Great finds Mike, hard to pick a favorite.
              🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Need that 4 wheeler Mike. The best artifact hunting ride ever made was the Honda ATC 90 with Hi/Low tranny. Congrats !
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Great finds! The dunes look like foreign land to me.
                  South Carolina

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone! Thought I would add to the story a bit. When I got home from the Dunes, Sue and I went to a quaint little Italian restaurant to celebrate her completing 30 hours of CEUs required to renew her Physical Therapist license. She had been at it for several weeks taking computer based training courses, and it culminated with her last course on Ethics & Legal matters. She was ready to celebrate! This place is BYOB, so we brought a bottle of her favorite wine. When we got to the restaurant, we noticed 2 Texas State Trooper SUVs in the parking lot. I kidded her about taking the bottle in and attracting the Troopers' attention, even though I always limit myself to one glass when I drive. As luck would have it, the receptionist seated us at a table right next to the Troopers, three young officers in full khaki uniforms enjoying their supper and coffee. We just laughed and carried on with our glass of wine and Italian bread. After we ordered, I told Sue it would be a nice thing to pick up their tab. She agreed and so we did that covertly with the waiter. But he must have told them because when they finished, all 3 came over to shake our hands and thank us. I told them, "We support the Blue, er Khaki!" to which they all laughed. We exchanged pleasantries and they went on their way. A few minutes later, one trooper came back in and handed me a really cool Challenge Coin. I was blown away. It's particularly meaningful to me since I am an avid coin collector. It was the topper to a great day! Here are some pictures of the coin. Be sure and zoom in to read the inscription on the side with with the images of the shield, lightning, pump jack and windmill! So appropriate in these times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7722.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	560279Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7723.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	560280

Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

• flintguy
                      flintguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We need a lot more support of our officers these days. Great gesture on your part and cool coin.

Congrats Mike! Nice scores man....cool storey with the troopers. ...awful nice of you guys.. the one point looks like a Baby Andice! I read the coin. That's true!!!
                    Last edited by redrocks; 06-02-2021, 10:43 AM.
                    SW Connecticut

Comment

• TexAg
                      TexAg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Richard. Yes, the one with barbs does look like an Andice. I went with Bell because of a couple of subtle differences. Namely, not as deep basal notches, and a slightly expanding stem.

Both terrific finds. Really great.
                    California

Comment

Awesome day out!! Beautiful finds Congrats 🎊🎉

Comment

Awesome story
                        Western Kentucky

Comment

Very nice! Old and older! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X