Nice Knife show me some of your killer ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Sorry, got the photo posted now.  I have been keeping up with posts, I just don't get many opportunities to respond or add.  I've been working like mad, now I'm guiding for the hunting seasons, this is what I was dragging out all afternoon yesterday!

Comment

Man that is one monster elk! Thanks for the pic.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Thanks man, we really earned it too!  We stalked him for 3 hours before he put a nice shot on him!

Comment

Comment

That is some fine quartz Lance thanks for sharing. Here are a couple more of mine. Hoss.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Wow - lots of cool knives here. That handful of 'ice quartz' from Weeping is stunning! I guess I'll look around to locate my camera..
                Anyone besides myself have trouble dating/classifing knives?
                If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I think that is a problem with all knives. If you are not finding them in context with other datable artifacts then they could fit any part of pre history. That large leaf shaped one of mine came from another collection and it was a gift to me. Someone had given that to my Dad and he in turn gave it to me.
                  It came from a collection that was all found near his boyhood home in Derby CT. That other one I just posted came from a site where I was finding Otter Creek and Brewerton Points so I am pretty sure that is an Otter Creek preform that had been utilized as a knife. Otter Creek points date middle to late archaic.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
                    Here's some of my Md. found blades - a lot of the ones made from tan quartzite were found near the river - I'm calling them my Adena squaw knives (they probably cleaned a ton of fish).

The mother of all stacks!

Comment

Those are some real nice examples of Quartzite points man. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks Hoss - quartz is the 'workingman's/blue collar' lithic, but it suits me: also shown less than other materials.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

A few Ky. Cobbs knives and a Crib Mound cache blade from In.

Comment

Very nice Cobbs Ryan. Here is my best Cobbs along with a big ole Kirk.

Comment

here are a couple more

Comment

Largest thing i have found so far, not a knife but a preform, may have been used as a knife /shrug. Reed Springs biface preform.

Comment

Working...
                                X