ID:	586115Click image for larger version

Name:	011E2E76-524D-45FE-9698-4677CF3CE048.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	586114Click image for larger version

Name:	7D10C472-F718-47F8-916E-7956F50644B7.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	586113 This is a last years s.e. Minnesota creek find, one of the few I actually found in the water… just over 3” in length. Shows a snapped base, or intentionally made like that… how can one tell the difference?… another I can’t put a specific type on, likely traveled a distance?…… keep on the hunt….😃
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Woodland is a guess but really idk looks like a quartzite material by the way it stained.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry surf.. but I’m not seeing woodland, and certainly not quartz….. 👍…. By the way it’s stained?….✌️

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Quartzite is different than quartz whole different texture. I guess it could be a low grade Chert looks grainy

We have an Elora point in Ga. with snapped base like that but not quite that shape
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Another possibility is that it snapped and the owner reknapped the notches. I've done that before myself. really nice looking piece.
      South Carolina

Comment

I have several more pieces with similar “snapped” bases.
        how can you tell if it’s intentional, or broke from use in the shaft? or maybe just knapped that way from the raw material… pure speculation, and one can only guess…👍
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Cool.I’m not sayin it is but from a photo it has the look of a base that’s had burin style removals from each side.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	3B048538-4CDC-4F0D-8E62-8A62E513EEC6.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	586184
          Floridaboy.

Comment

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting Florida boy.. so intentional in your opinion?
            Thanks for the look and feedback, always respect your opinion….✌️I have a few more, I will post them in the near future…😃

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t know it’s just a thought you might explore further or not

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            👍

Probably a Durst point they are thought to be grouped with Lamoka and Dustin points. Nice score man. I like it. Interesting point I think it was made like that based on the thinning flake. It looks to originate at the snap.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your input Hoss… many of the dursts are rather crudely made… this one shows rather good workmanship.. and rather large… durst is a strong possibility on this one.. as far as the snapped base, it’s odd to me.. seems like it should have been thinned down more… the great part of this forum is I learn more every time I log in….😃

Somewhere n the archaic realm maybe?...also kind of looks like a type of granite, likely wrong on both guesses but thats the first thoughts that come to mind...nice point no matter what!...🙂
          JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

Comment

Working...
          X