10/22 after work dig find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/22 after work dig find

Been working a ton of OT the last couple weeks so between that and it getting dark way to early for my liking I haven’t been able to get out. Finally decided to leave work after 10 hours today and spent the last two hours of daylight playing in the dirt. Only came home with one today but but she’s a keeper
    Warren County New Jersey

Pot ole Bird..only found one Lol...a nice one and looks to have a sharp edge..👍
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Really good one nice long stem
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Definitely a good one..it looks strange tho dont no why might be the color

Comment

• HBird
          HBird commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s definitely got a different color than what I normally come across. But it’s a different type of material than I usually find. I only have one other point that I found last year made from this almost slate like material 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unusual point, nice
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice pointt Bird! Looks like slate
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• HBird
            HBird commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m far from being a expert, hell I’m probably not even a novice when it comes to material or point identification. But with that being said if it’s actually Argillite it’s nothing like any of the Argillite artifacts that I have found. The Argillite material from my area is soft and everything I’ve found is really worn down from Mother Nature in fact it’s so soft I have to be careful cleaning them. I can literally reshape some points if I rub to hard with just my fingers and water. This material is hard maybe it’s from up towards New England area I believe there Argillite has different properties to it. I guess it could also be a higher grade version of local Argillite. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Thank you for your input Red

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Your welcome Bird.... argillite. Rhyolite. Slate shale Siltstone. . It's been debated on here a few times!! Very broad topic.. argillite here is. Not as tight grained as your local stuff. Whatever the lithic... Nice find. Find more man!!!

• HBird
            HBird commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks again Red I just got back from digging and found five today. Two of them are what I consider Argillite from my area. I will put them in a new post shortly

Cool find Hbird!
          SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Cool stemmed projectile.

Comment

Looks like chert to me
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Super find birdman… keep after um….👍
                Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

nice point is it basalt ?