At Mano Farm with TexAg 4/24/2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Mano Farm with TexAg 4/24/2022

I wouldn't have thought we'd have enough time left in the day to be as productive as we were...TexAg and I left after 4:00 p.m. (we often leave early in the morning and go all day) and went to one of our more-productive areas. TexAg had a nice haul and already posted some pictures. I was finding lots of little flint flakes and pushing them around to make sure they were just flakes. One wasn't. I flicked it out thinking it was a flake and quickly saw it was not. So much for an in-situ shot.

It's a pretty nice looking Washita Peno, and I was quite pleased to find it. It's my first whole Washita Peno. TexAg has as many items in his find for the day as I have in my whole collection, but when you have a small collection, getting one new whole point is quite a thrill.

I'm editing to add a little bit to my story in light of TexAg's comment below. Almost as soon as I saw this was more than a flake, TexAg said, "G-10!" I texted a picture to JJ and he replied back, "G-10." I had to ask TexAg, "What's a G-10?" Well, I don't know who was more excited, TexAg or me, but I have to say I was excited and I'm glad to add it to my collection.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8594Sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.6 KB ID:	629307Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8596Sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	629308Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8615Sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	629309Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8616Sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.0 KB ID:	629310

TexAg's post:
    Our wind finally got down to a tolerable level so TexArt and I hit Mano Farm yesterday afternoon. Spoiler alert, he found a super (please share a picture or two Tim!). I managed a few finds myself. I believe the best one at 5 o'clock is a Deadman's, and the broken one at 3 might be a Garza due to its uniface nature although the
    Last edited by TexArt; 04-26-2022, 07:21 PM.
    Things just keep getting better. Midland Co., TX

Beautiful point. good on ya.
    Utah

Comment

That’s just cute

Comment

Very nice!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congrats! Looks perfect.
          South Carolina

Comment

Good for you Tim, congratulations on your G-10 arrow point. You’re getting good at this!
            Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

• TexArt
              TexArt commented
              Editing a comment
              Since you called it a G-10 in your comment, I went back and edited my post to add some of the G-10 comments from you and JJ. You've almost made me afraid to handle it. I moved it very delicately to take its picture, put it away, got to the computer and realized I messed up the picture, got it back out, handling it delicately, went out and took another picture, etc. And I did that three times! I keep imagining it breaking from my big fingers whenever I take it back out of the display case.

• TexAg
              TexAg commented
              Editing a comment
              Well whatever you do, don’t drop it on your tile floor. Did that with a G10 Peno on my way to put it in my A-Frame, and of course it landed smack dab on the tip which shattered into dust. Couldn’t find anything to glue back on. My G10 turned into a G9. 🙁

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              Just listen them Texas boys braggin’! 👍❤️

That’s a li’ll beauty 👌
            Floridaboy.

Comment

Great find for sure. Congrats !
              FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

Working...
              X