Hello gang! Please identify my find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello gang! Please identify my find!

Hello, I found this while hunting on my person land in Lawrence county, Al. I found it awhile my creek was low in a spot. Along with this I found very small cups or jars? Pottery, many many tools and two effigies, I think. Thank you for the help!

If need be I can post some pictures of the other items I found in the same area. The creek usually flows well in that spot (dang beavers) so idk if all of the artifacts are from the same time period. Let me know if it’ll help.

Comment

Great Find whatever It is.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hi Creek 549; This is my stab at it from research on projectilepoints.net..

Could be either an Adena or Waubesa contracting stem AKA Adena Waubesa
        Attached Files

Comment

• POINT MAN
          POINT MAN commented
          Editing a comment
          Adena's are generally found in the Ohio river valley but the Adena Culture traded with other mound builders to the south to the Gulf

Originally posted by Creek549 View Post
        Hello, I found this while hunting on my person land in Lawrence county, Al. I found it awhile my creek was low in a spot. Along with this I found very small cups or jars? Pottery, many many tools and two effigies, I think. Thank you for the help!
        Lets see some of this. " I found very small cups or jars? Pottery, many many tools and two effigies, "

Comment

Sure thing, later when work slows down I’ll post pics. I’m only guessing some of them are effigies.

Comment

Comment

Here is a small portion of what I gathered. I’ll post what I think is some effigies later. I don’t see a small hole in the middle of the “bowl”. So I may be wrong. Thx

Comment

Working...
              X