A few of the paleo family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few of the paleo family.

Group of some paleo stuff. some of it cant identify fer sure..alot of these points look like eastern types beaver lake Cumberland. but miniatures. i just dont know.
    Last edited by smbore; 01-30-2023, 10:13 PM.
    Utah

Good looking group. How long is the big knife?

Comment

• smbore
      smbore commented
      Editing a comment
      it's a eden 2 1/2 inches.

Very cool
    Missouri

Comment

What is that fish shaped point on the bottom right?
      South Carolina

Comment

• smbore
        smbore commented
        Editing a comment
        million dollar question. most of these i cant type. bottom row third over looks like a minny Cumberland.Hoping garguy chimes in. he's got a perty good handle on these western old point's. it looks like a beaver lake. idk.
        Last edited by smbore; 01-30-2023, 10:11 PM.

Nice selections of artifacts
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Awsomness,👌🇺🇸..That site is a great lookin frame of hard to find pieces..Thanks for sharing Darrel.👌🇺🇸.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Some beautiful old relics
          South Dakota

Comment

Nice family tree
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Cool points, you might stretch the Pinto Basin/Humboldt cluster enough to get a few of them, but it would be stretched pretty far.

Neat stuff!
              Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• smbore
                smbore commented
                Editing a comment
                yes I've looked at both. but cant satisfy myself on being in those types. thank you.

Some very good and rarely found points. Are these local finds in Utah or did you acquire them from somewhere else? I ask this because I never heard of Cumberlands or Beaver Lakes found as far west as Utah or many miles east of there. They are an eastern point, usually not found much farther west than the Miss. River.

Comment

• smbore
                smbore commented
                Editing a comment
                All found in utah by me personally. i totally agree cumberlands or beaver lakes are way way outta area. but by gum if they don't look like it.

• sailorjoe
                sailorjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, they look like them for sure. Personal finds is super. Not many people have found that many Paleo or Trans-Paleo points. I don't really know what else to say. Are there any Western points that look like those in question?

• smbore
                smbore commented
                Editing a comment
                No sir there in lies the problem there aren't any that resembles them west of the rockies. idk.

Great pieces Darrel not to complain but there is nothing to reference their size. That would help me get my head around them. Thanks for the thread. K
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• smbore
                smbore commented
                Editing a comment
                sorry about that kim. they range from 1 1/4 - 2 1/2 inches

There's a area western utah I've seen quite a few point's that dont make sense finding in utah, but i seen it with my own eyes. i dont know what ta make of it. and no types for great basin point's... . we've found clovis points in the same area . so i do know these point's are paleo. the area is uniquely strange....
              Last edited by smbore; 01-31-2023, 06:27 PM.
              Utah

Comment

Working...
              X