No announcement yet.

My SECOND Artifact or Artifake Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your critiques. I made a post to update "Artifact or Artifake" that came from the same source. I found this envelope and note within since my post. I scan it for those of you who are exceptionally curious and offered great opinions.

Painshill found more information than I did searching for clues and more information with the names I had to work with. Thank you.

The original owner operated a Geological Sciences and Ethnology book business. I purchased this from the Estate being sold off to known individuals as myself. I was first or second to browse the buildings. I was most interested in the books in these subjects, but do not limit my purchases of items that catch my attention. He also made an oak stand that displayed the axe very well. I still have not been convinced Artifact or Artifake for either, but since I did not find either from an original source... I lean towards artifake. Since I paid a small price for this, it still makes an interesting conversation item.

Someone took some time to inscribe the note upon the axe. Possibly the new owner took the letter and had someone 'embellish'.

I was able to view the 'artifact collection' which filled a wall with plastic cases with points within. From my viewing, I would have to admit this person had limited experience in choice of attempting to put a collection A to Z from the poor specimens. This was donated to a University by the Estate. I would not have made an offer for the entire collection, other than the value of the cases to display and the well made cabinets.

I met with the deceased owner's wife and she had no interest in any of this material and had no information to add in earlier visits. I did purchase from the Estate jade ear spools, complete and broken about the diameter of a dime. Very well done, thin and I considered them authentic and sold them a long time ago through an individual listing on the Internet. Which I was no competent enough to attempt.

It is all in the 'hunt'. If something is purchased inexpensive, there is a better chance it is authentic. That is where I am, but the people selling just wanted to empty the place so they could sell the buildings. I still have these two items and when I pass... my wife will be 'one tough cookier' to get them as inexpensive as our original purchase. "Makes my heart soar like a bird"... Chief Lodge Skins "Little Big Man"
    Last edited by SevenOut; 01-31-2023, 03:19 PM. Reason: Add two scans. Envelope and Note

Comment

Hi Sevenout gald you came back to reply. Sorry to say the scans never came thgrough. I am sending you a private message. I will try and help you get them scans added.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I am attempting to post the two scans for Post New Member Area Done. I dragged each and... presto.Click image for larger version  Name:	Scan 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	674006Click image for larger version  Name:	Scan 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	674005
        Last edited by SevenOut; 01-31-2023, 05:36 PM. Reason: Adding comments.

Comment

Working...
        X