only in maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only in maine

Only in maine will you find a statue to the native american that is so blatently rude and far from the fact of how the native american looked this statue is a shamefull disgrace to an entire race and in my opinion should be removed

he kind of looks like a smashed house :laugh: , but do see it as a tribute to the people who were there before.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

maybe its Glooscap? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glooscap
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Onewithwild how do you know my buddy gluskabe your pretty far away for those bedtime storys find the story about red squirel and moose you will get a kick out of it man . Yea hes pretty messed up for sure at least give him back the arm they cpuldnt have been trying to depict a native american amputee i mean for real man whats that gonna cost to build an arm . :crazy:

Comment

he's my goody-two shoes brother.btw,my names Malsumis,but some people call me Jay. :evil: (actually ive got Wabanaki ancestors and discovered the stories while researching my geneology)

Comment

1/4 passamaquaddy myself guis so something else we got in common cool my grandmother told me the stories when i was young malsum  you didnt kill your mother on your way out did you haha. Malsumias did in the story you should read our creation stories brother there pretty cool. So wich tribe wer your ancestors ?

Comment

Theres a name on the board at the base of the statue maybe a relitive of yours Bernard Langlais   

Comment

I know its off your subject as it has morphed into more the lore, But it could be worse you could have a giant cow out there. :dunno:  :crazy:  :woohoo:  :rolf:

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

And Canonchet, war chief of the Narragansett at time of King Philip's War:

Both works located in Narragansett, RI.
                  In Watch Hill, RI, a statue of Ninigret, sachem of the Eastern Niantic at the time of King Philip's War:

Rhode Island

Comment

wow,Charlie ive never seen them before!awesome! i like the canonchet statue the most! Chase that cow looks like its ready to blow a vein!lol! and wildo,im most likely penobscot or abenaki.Josh,thats funny,i saw that too,and by chance i do have an uncle named bernard langlais,but thats not him.

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

Small world with many coincidences.Well Will now you don't have to worry about crapping on jays relatives statue..... :rolf:

Comment

Working...
                      X