No announcement yet.

thumbscraper site idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Will, I have a special interest in scrapers and like the variety of different types you are finding at that site. The historic trade beads are an interesting find. The bead with the stripes is really cool. The lite colored  hardstone piece at the top of the first picture: Does it have a central channel running the length of the piece?
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Its not a channel i wish it were but there just harder veins within the stone and scrapers are actually my favorite smakl tool ron they had to have been the equivelant of our jack knives today and id imagine the owners had the same love for there scraper as i do my jack knife it never leaves me so in that sence the scraper gives me a connection to the person who used it that u cant put a price on in my book

Comment

Thanks so much for the links hoss ill be reading tonight ;-) and glad you like the chert and man what i wouldnt do for clovis made of it you lucky devil you;-)

Comment

that is way cool!!!! the blue beads are padres Thanks for sharing! WOW
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Hey thanks chase do you know if there of itallion origin i read that many of the trade beads were made in venice and murano itally just wondering and for you to be as impressed as you are i must really be on a rocking site thanks for the compliments and info muchly appreciated man

Comment

And here are some materials that were being knapped at this site theres kineo rhyolite probably the most common and abundant lithic in maine munsungan chert five differant colors nova scotia chalcedony onondaga or normanskill chert crystal quartz milky quartz and flow banded rhyolite that im uncertain of the origin and some stuff that appears to be bassalt quite an assortment of lithics ive only shown the prettier stuff in this pic

Comment

Working...
              X