Maps where Indians camped in my area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps where Indians camped in my area

Hello I was wondering how I look to find out where some Indian tribes had setteled or camped close to where I live which is Carthage Tn.I have read Cumberland River and some more but I am wanting somehow to find out excactly what area that the goverment doesn't own maybe..I would appreciate any info greatly..Thanks~V~

Hi V,
       In your area they were almost everywhere for over 12000 years, and you can find camps almost anywhere that looks camp-able. You'd be better off finding plowed fields that you can get permission to walk. As I understand it, the navigable waterways themselves are off-limits to collecting. Any historic village that you are likely to locate on paper, has already long ago been located by hunters. My two cents worth.

Comment

Hello,
      You really are better off finding these locations on your own. Nobody ever told me places to look. I worked at it..many hours in the field. If you check long enough you can almost see where they were camped and by locations in the field how they lived. I rarely ever check a place that was known to be 'a great place' to find relics. I think I found 1 knife. I agree with cliff, ask a farmer if you can walk his field, most do not care as long as you stay off the crops. and look for areas that are campable. They will most likely be there if they have not been picked up.  Places to look... Have you ever tried sleeping in a swamp? No. Look for good land. That is a good start. Think about how you would live if you didn't have a grocery store and car... Think about it and work, I bet you'll be rewarded.  I think going around and asking where good exact places are to look is chicken s***. Find lookable areas and get your hands dirty.. use your head. I honestly believe I could find them in pretty much any county where there are not city streets. And don't ever let anybody tell you they were all picked up! It is also easier to check in fields with less rocks if that helps, just easier to see not a better area to find relics.
      If you think cumberland river is the best spot to camp and travel try there to start..and keep trying.

Comment

Working...
      X