X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sainthood for Junipero Serra

No Sainthood for Junipero Serra
    Posted by [Flyjunkie]:

Moderator Note: this thread was first posted in 2015 but failed to transfer across to the new forum when the software was updated, and so has been re-created manually.

Please help us here in California , help us stop the Pope from giving Sainthood to Junipero Serra, the Father who started the Mission system in what would become California, the mission system lead to the enslavement & death for tens of thousands of Indigenous Peoples that lived in the areas near the missions. it lead to the almost total destruction of the indigenous cultures.
    There is a online petition that you simply fill out and submit to add your name urging Pope Francis to not go thru with the proposed canonization of Serra when the Pope visits here later this year.

Here's the Link to the petition : Urge Pope Francis to abandon the canonization of Junipero Serra
    Descendants of Mission Natives strongly oppose the canonization of Junipero Serra. Pope Francis recently apologized to Native peoples in South America for past inhumane treatment and colonization; yet our ancestors were suppressed, dominated and enslaved by Serra and considered collateral damage to the Church and State. The canonization will not celebrate Hispanics (since Serra and his Inquisition Conquistadors were foreign invaders), welcome Native Peoples back to the Catholic...

need more insight into the atrocities committed against Indigenous peoples by the Missions??? read this insightful review of a book exposing the truth
    the emerging truth about the Junipero Serra and the California Missions

Thank You for your help with this important issue...
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.
Working...
X