X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites

Websites
    Posted by [Trapper Jim]

Moderator Note: this thread was first posted in 2011 but failed to transfer across to the new forum when the software was updated, and so has been re-created manually.

Those of you who have an interest in Paleoindian history/culture check these websites:

The link below goes to a interactive map showing paleo sites.

Some more sites below.

Click the link below to see the movie PBS America's Stone Age Explorers. This has some interesting info.

Who were the first Americans? Where did they come from? For years, archaeologists thought they were a culture of prehistoric big game hunters that came over a land…

Posted by [turkeytail]
    Jim, What part of the state you from?

Posted by [CMD]
    That's all good stuff. I've always enjoyed the CSFA and one of these days I should just join and get the Mammoth Trumphet. The online archive of that publication has lots of interesting reading. Never saw the interactive map before. Thanks for the links.

Posted by [gregszybala]
    Jim thanks for the links.
    Mark personally hope Jim's from southwest Michigan At the very least half way between us!!!

Posted by [turkeytail]
    That would be cool!

Posted by [Trapper Jim]
    Thanks for the replies. I live outside Kalamazoo MI. Do any of you recommend good sites besides these?
    Jim

Posted by [gregszybala]
    Have managed to find one that might be Paleo, but between crop rotation and no till, pickins are slim.

Posted by [turkeytail]
    Jim, sites as in hunting or internet! I got a few decent hunting spots up here (By Michigan standards!) and anybody is welcome! Greg, you and should plan a hunt sometime. Here-there or wherever!

Posted by [Trapper Jim]
    I mean't websites! :cheer: Do you recommend any good videos too?

Posted by [gregszybala]
    There are a slew of websites Jim, best thing to do is a search and type in specific words. Another way is to check out some of the older posts here where others have posted links. Same for videos, type in keywords at youtube.

Posted by [turkeytail]
    My favorite video on u-tube!

Posted by [itwasluck]
    Thanks I put that site under my favorites list.

Posted by [cgode]
    cool links, Thanks!!!!

Posted by [Trapper Jim]
    Thanks guys! Thanks for youtube movie turkeytail.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.
Working...
X