Uncontacted South American tribes footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncontacted South American tribes footage

I find these pockets of uncontacted people's in Mainly Brazil fascinating. Some of you may have seen the articles recently but for those of you who have not here they are with links to the drone footage on YouTube.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/w...zon-tribe.html

​​​​​​I followed the links in the article back to the original site of the National Indaian foundation or Funai, to see the photos of the stone axe and canoe mentioned within the article...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	materia vale javari6~2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	180.5 KB ID:	314922
    Last edited by Kyflintguy; 08-23-2018, 05:01 PM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Click image for larger version

Name:	materia vale javari.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	314924 Click image for larger version

Name:	materia vale javari 3.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	314925
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

And here's another article dubbed the "Worlds Lonliest Man" that shows some pretty remarkable footage of a uncontacted Native South American Indian who is thought to live alone after the other members of his tribe are thought to have been killed in a clash with local farmers...

New images shine light on the so-called 'loneliest man in the world', who lives in the Amazon.

Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Woooow. I want that axe! It still amazes me that there are still civilizations being discovered. That is awesome!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kyflintguy
          Kyflintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Make one! Looks like a fun project!

Well tribes and small bands of people's still living like those pre Columbian people's, yes! It's pretty astonishing and a shows a very fragile existence. Definitely something that will be preserved for a while longer hopefully.

The man in the video was giving that axe some real power swings.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kyflintguy
          Kyflintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I think he is probably in good shape and has done that a few times.

• Kyflintguy
          Kyflintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          You should see the holes he digs! I will find that pic, he's actually known in Brazil as the man in the hole...
          Last edited by Kyflintguy; 08-23-2018, 07:07 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sei_23545862-5a03.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	314963
        Here is one of his holes he digs to trap animals, hope he re uses them!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks like a broken leg waiting to happen...

I also have been fascinated by these tribes. It's very interesting when you look at how they adorn themselves. Headdress feathers, face paint. A modern glimpse into the past. There are still pockets of native cultures in suprising places, islands off India, Indonesia and I believe even parts of Japan still have isolated cultures, maybe not completely uncontacted but distinctly separate .
        Central Ohio

Comment

Hey Josh - I remember a few years back that NatGeo carried an article regarding a whole village of people that were discovered in SA somewhere in the Amazon. A plane flying overhead sighted them and overflew several times taking movies. They were all painted up and dressed to some extent in what appeared to be ancient tribal dress. Some of the indians even shot arrows and threw spears at the plane but most ran and hid. It turned out later that it was a hoax - staged for some off the wall reason but it had garnered worldwide headlines.
          The one you have posted seems to me to be a more realistic, surreptitiously filmed, of a true native, who appears to be unadorned just doing his everyday routine. It's a little fuzzy and shaky but seems authentic. Unfortunately - once these films go public, that lone native will become a target either of hostile intent or curiosity seekers who will either subject him to our illnesses or drive him away, never to be seen again. We just can't seem to let it alone and leave them be - we have to make a big issue of it. I'll bet ya it won't be long before the local farmers or loggers target him so the Government will relinquish that land to progress. One thing I've always wondered. We really think we're being sneaky but has anyone ever given thought that we might be the one being watched. These people did not survive in this environment without being totally in tune with that jungle life. While watching that video I only heard one very loud bird. If you've spent time in our woods, even the deep woods, there's only one or two birds that will continue sounding when a human is present. Crows are notorious for announcing the presence of man but most of the other birds either fly away or quieten down until we pass. Just a thought.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes Chuck very good comment . They did have a documentary on that . So amazing

I guess technically, "uncontacted tribe" refers to tribes who have made the decision that they want no contact with the outside, not that they have never had contact, don't have trade goods, etc. Here is a thread from last year with footage that reminds me of what Chuck is referring to, although this is not fake footage:

https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...-amazon-tribes

I highly recommend Survival International for keeping track and for offering support:

In the depths of the Amazon rainforest in Brazil live tribes who have no contact with the outside world. Illegal loggers and cattle ranchers are invading their land and bringing disease. They won’t survive unless this stops.
          Last edited by CMD; 08-24-2018, 07:26 AM.
          Rhode Island

Comment

Interesting 2 cents . When I use to buy art for galleries I was out at a remote area on the island . Very modern girl with beautiful art . She had pictures on the wall that were black and white National Geographic looking . They were all SA
            Pigmy tribes . I was looking at the photos and when she asked me to come in the kitchen for a glass of water the shelves were lined with herbs in jars . I knew I was once again in An unusual situation . I mean min 50 jars . I said what are all those pictures . That’s my Father ... we are from a tribe in the Amazon . Well I did not leave that house for 5 hours listening to the most mind blowing stories and photo albums of a lifetime . I still see her till today . Although she is 5’2” she is a giant in her family .
            Her mother went to Panama City and married an American . That is how she came to be in the U. S.
            Really great story Josh I loved it . Thanks for the great link and photos ... sorry about the piggyback here .

Comment

Here is an unfortunate result of a misguided and illegal attempt to meet tribesmen in the Adaman islands off India. As the article mentions, this seems much more likely to be an adventure, and not truly a missionary effort. Either way, it was hopeless and the young man should have known better. Great photos, though...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/779181...-christianity/

https://www.france24.com/en/20181121...g-indian-tribe

A statement from Survival International:

An American has been killed by the Sentinelese tribe in the Andaman Islands, India. Survival International Director Stephen Corry responds.
              Last edited by CMD; 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM.
              Rhode Island

Comment

The absolute last thing that the last remote people on earth needs is a missionary pushing some religion. Look how well that has worked out in the past.

Comment

From what I saw it was a mission effort according to his diary he kept, he had been shot at the day before only to return the next day. From the documentaries I've seen involving South american peoples, poor communication due to the language barrier usually prvokes these situations and first contacts are extremely dangerous. I watched a documentary the other day were it said over 100 FUNAI workers had been killed while trying to work with uncontacted tribes. The guy was breaking the laws there by visiting those people as well. Poorly thought out endeveavor Imo.
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• CMD
                    CMD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I posted info in the other thread dealing with this that makes it clearer that it was a mission effort. Leave this group alone was the most compassionate of the available choices, as far as I am concerned. They do not do well where our diseases are concerned. They do not want contact. His first misguided visit told him that much.
                Working...
                X