Native Americans and...Bigfoot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Americans and...Bigfoot.

You read that right, Bigfoot. Now before you think I am a nutcase, I would like to present to you, the mystery of Bigfoot, and the Native American connection.

It is generally accepted that Bigfoot or Sasquatch does not exist, and anybody who believes that it does exist has had a lil' too much moonshine. I do believe that we would have found "Squatch" by now, if he did exist, but the Native Americans believed. Tribes in the West, and North considered Bigfoot to be a physical being, and they respected it. They viewed it as something not to be feared, but rather to be respected, and to be learned from. The Eastern Indians however, viewed it as a physical/spiritual being, capable of being both in the real world, and spirit world. They believed that sometimes he was a messenger from the spirit, or deity they believed in, and sometimes as a bad omen.

Here is a little story I thought was interesting.

Bigfoot casts a long shadow in Native American lore and American frontier folk legend.

Note how the link say's "tall tales".

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Hey Ethan, Those are some interesting stories.
    This is the only "Bigfoot" I have ever seen.
    He is looking at one of my corn feeders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigfoot.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	369947
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I swear, that accounts for most of supposed sightings.

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes at a distance and through the brush I can see how someone could be confused by a bear standing upright. I see them do this a lot just to get a better view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1383696_10153271517823642_171144396959014433_n.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	370009
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Mitch had the right perspective on many things.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

"It is generally accepted that Bigfoot or Sasquatch does not exist, and anybody who believes that it does exist has had a lil' too much moonshine."

As we all probably realize, the scientific revolution, which we might say began in earnest in the 16th century, ushered in, within Western civilization, the world view that still hold sway today. Although people of all cultures had seen rocks fall from the sky, learned scientists of the day ridiculed uneducated people who reported falls of rocks. It was a fall in France in 1803 which led to the eventual recognition that rocks do fall from the sky. We now know them as meteorites. So, the uneducated people who reported such things were not worthy of laughter or ridicule at all.

But, what's my point? Only that there is nothing at all wrong with being willing to think outside the box. And thinking outside the box, even with something as seemingly as impossible as Bigfoot, does not make one a drunk. Or an uneducated dolt. I'm only putting it this way as a way to speak of anomalies in general, not Bigfoot in particular. Studying anomalies, rather then dismissing them in a knee jerk fashion, is more likely to lead to new discoveries. Nobody should be afraid to consider things that society and culture respond to with ridicule. It's human nature not to want to be ridiculed, but the example of meteorites demonstrates that sometimes the "uneducated dolts" were not so worthy of ridicule after all.
        Rhode Island

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          My best guess as to why there are no Bigfoot reports is either:

A. no Bigfoot. Or...

B. everybody is afraid to be mocked and ridiculed so they kept their mouth shut.

Either way, I thought it was interesting as to what the Indians said about this "creature".

I remember 30 years ago my friend and I were fishing off a bridge in Florida chain of lakes and saw the biggest snake swimming in the water guessing around 25 feet long and a huge head looking straight at us. When we got home we called the fish and game wildlife center. No cell phones back then. The guy laughed me right off the phone. Now look at all the big snakes in Florida. Just an example as to what might come in the future. I don’t doubt there are animals we have yet to discover in this world
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Now, now, don't go shooting the messenger, lol. This just happens to be all over the news today...

The FBI's 22 page Bigfoot file:

Rhode Island

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            The fact that the FBI was serious seems odd to me.

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            The last show I watched on Bigfoot they said it was linked to a extinct ancient bear. Due to some hair samples they had

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Glenn, that was not Bigfoot, but the Yeti.
        Working...
        X