Harvest Moon Harvest Jasper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvest Moon Harvest Jasper

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06712.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	392912
    Here where I live is a huge agriculture valley and they farm potatoes big time. We started digging on the harvest full moon and the first day in the fields I found this nice local lithics one inch knife. [gave it to the landowners wife]
    The early peoples have been around here for at least 10K years and a cool story about them is that my farmer friend who's my age[old] has had the same Navajo family working for him as did his father back in the day... almost two generations. There's still a strong connection to "the people" in the southwest.
    Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 09-21-2019, 05:42 PM.
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Colorful material nice piece
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I love red rocks.

I dug potatoes as a kid.

Hard work.

It's raining, you are bent double, clawing in the mud, chasing a tractor up a hill .

That's how I remember it anyhow.

California

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
        Rio Del Norte commented
        Editing a comment
        It's normal to have a half a million dollars worth of equipment in the fields these days but labor wages are still low...

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s better than having a tractor with claws chasing you up the hill in rain & mud.

Nice....
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Beautiful material, nice artifact too. Looks like purple Alibates that we find here...
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I found a nice one in the spring. Hope you don't mind me posting it...

Very similar to yours, I think.

I thought maybe some type of chert, but if it could be jasper I'd be stoked.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190428_123214.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	393061
          Last edited by tomf; 09-21-2019, 05:01 PM.
          California

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
            Rio Del Norte commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, similar red jasper

Great material!
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
          X