Kachina Dolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kachina Dolls

I recently bought four Kachina dolls. I don’t know much about them? I don’t think the first two are that old and they look cheaply made. The Squash doll and the dancer for a lack of knowing what he is are over 50 years old. Any information will be helpful.

Von

Comment

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Many are made with feathers from birds that only NA people are allowed to harvest.

I like those , I’ve seen those for sale in most curio shops on NA reservations since I was a little kid...I can’t say where yours were made of course but most that I’ve seen are made by modern day Mescalero Apache tribe in central NM. I love to go to the square in Santa Fe, the NA people hand make beautiful jewelry and lay it out on hand made blankets, on weekends. There was a fairly big court case years ago, as the Chinese were making such things and selling the products for much less at such locations. I don’t think the dolls were part of the case. Anyway, the NA people won the court case and good for them !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I like them old or not
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Since we don’t talk dolls much, and I do not intend to rip off your thunder, but I’ve got to show this doll.
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

My Daughter would love the Barbie doll!

I bought these from a customer of mine so I have providence for the two he bought 50 plus years ago. His wife pick up the other two and he didn’t know where? This guy played in the Marine band and saw a lot of history starting with the Kennedy administration through Reagan. I’m pretty sure he bought them in NM while traveling with the band. I think I’ll get a little more information on them when I see him again.

Von

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              The dolls can still be bought NIB. I think my girl there is a 1993.. There are four different NA maiden dolls...
          Working...
          X