Cherokee revmoval Park and Blithe Ferry Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherokee revmoval Park and Blithe Ferry Tennessee

Had some interesting history at the cheeroke removal park also big the trail of tears.

Comment

Interesting....nice pics. The trail of tears is pretty mucked up. Good post Sgt
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Frustrating that my pics come out not oriented correctly.

Comment

Cool pics SGT.Digger, lots of interesting artifacts! I think a few boogers slipped in through the cracks on that first frame wich happens alot when the folks currating accept donations but are not versed with weeding out fakes but the rest all look like legit Southeast (Tennessee/Alabama) artifacts.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

A couple more an interesting statistics I found out that the Cherokee had both white and black slaves here’s a couple more pics. Sorry don’t know how to reorient the pics or if I can

Comment

Interesting information
              South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Where is the Cherokee removal park. I would like to know more about it. As for the artifacts they display, probably none of them are Cherokee or any historic tribes. Nice artifacts though.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
                  Where is the Cherokee removal park. I would like to know more about it. As for the artifacts they display, probably none of them are Cherokee or any historic tribes. Nice artifacts though.
                  Here’s the website https://www.tennesseerivervalleygeot...de1ae75a3cc4d4 . They had some trade pipes, trade beads, iron hoes , possibly some pottery and a pipe or two. Most of Arrowheads predated them. The nice lady at visitors center said that around the 1730’s they adopted to Americans ways of living and adopted weaponry probably as soon as they could get them , they built houses, farms & had slaves to work them and had other businesses and slowly their territory began to be stolen away via treaties until the forced march “trail of tears” like many other Indians. They have a big library with lots of books too.

Comment

• sailorjoe
                    sailorjoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks much for the reply and the web link.

Good show! TY Sir ! In particular , the census was very interesting !
                  Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Great exhibition nicely documented. Some amazing things there. Thanks.
                    California

Comment

Thanks for the show!
                      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                      X