Bison kill site - Great Plains paleo era bone bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison kill site - Great Plains paleo era bone bed

Hudson-Meng site (Nebraska) - Alberta culture (Cody Complex)

Moderator Note: images no longer available

Those are some amazing pics, thanks for sharing them. There are a bunch of animals there. Ray
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Thanks 11KBP great insitus where you at these dig sites? I could not imagine the work that went into painstakingly uncovering all of that. Just wonder how many dig seasons it took or how big a team of diggers did they use. That Horner site only shows nine diggers  That hole is quite deep unless its an illusion.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice photos thanks for sharing

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Thanks 11KBP great insitus where you at these dig sites? I could not imagine the work that went into painstakingly uncovering all of that. Just wonder how many dig seasons it took or how big a team of diggers did they use. That Horner site only shows nine diggers  That hole is quite deep unless its an illusion.
            I’ve been to the Hudson-Meng site several times Hoss, but not to the others.
          The Horner site you commented on is actually the type site of the Cody Cultural Complex and was worked on for a number of years. The first excavations were done by Princeton University and the Smithsonian from 1949 to 1952.
          This important site was then again investigated off and on from 1977 through 1984 by Dr. George Frison and others. The actual excavated area was much larger than the one hole you mentioned with the nine diggers.
          11KBP

Comment

Working...
          X